Suggested chairs and beds as Item blocks

Do you want Chairs like this or simalar ?

• YES

Votes: 4 100.0%
    • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Chairs. as much as i like sitting on any cube or wedge i want a dedicated chair/sofa block.
    for decoration or system linking.
    furniture items to bring the universe to "life"
    im not suggesting a replacement. only another option.
    something like the picture (in shape).

starmade chair.jpg
    any one would fit in this chair, but my art skills suck and even this took longer than id like to admit so please enjoy it with out an astronaut :/

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Chairs & beds are a long-time outstanding request.

I think they'd be fine... if they could be larger than 1 block. Astronauts are 2 blocks tall... imagine how silly it would look for them to have 1-block long beds. Even a chair of only 1 block would not really fit them well and look good. I'm hoping at some point they are either able to do over-sized items or make furniture 'parts' so you can easily assemble a chair or bed out of 2, 4, or 6 component blocks that would result in a properly sized piece of furniture.:)

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It has been mentioned a few times that chairs will most-likely occupy two blocks, to make them higher. But the ability for the game to detect obstructing blocks and properly place/rotate multi-block groups needs to be complete first.

Reaction score
    I only made a pic of a chair, from in game tests it is a reasonable guess that an astronaut would look good siting in it. the pic was done with Gimp (a Photoshop clone) after in game measurements and screen shots, so its not a real model in the game.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I saw that. I wasn't commenting on the appearance of your chair - it totally conveys your meaning.

As I noted - people have been asking for chairs... for years. I only meant that if we ever eventually get them, I'd rather the developers not restrict themselves to something that only occupies 1 block because it will look silly compared to if they allow it to either spill over or be composed of multiple blocks. If they're going to spend the time to code something... go for something great.

Reactions: Atas-Pelangi
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Hmm... what might work nicely could be actually if chairs occupied a 2x2x2 or 3x3x3 placement area once deployed, but within that cube of blocks, most of it would be empty air with the item of furniture in the middle (sort of the way a pipe or slab doesn't occupy an entire 1x1x1 area). This would keep other objects from intersecting with parts of a placed chair or other item, while allowing them to occupy 8 or 27 blocks of space and be awesome.

It'd also be nice if the devs approached it in a way that would make those models available for community modding and re-skinning. We'd have a collection of awesome chairs in no time!

Reaction score
    I do want 1st 1x1x1 chair block that dose not Auto convert so each chair has its own armrest so they can be placed next to each other as separate.

2nd, link-able chair parts like sofas or couches that can be placed next to each other as 1.

having distance gaps would be annoying.
    notice the chair in the pic is a 1 block form-factor like an arm chair. it would still be 2 blocks tall though due to the players head.
    what i want is a place-able chair block that has no other use than a chair that may or may not link to other systems.
    my point is siting on a wedge looks odd. it works.. but better is possible