Chain-servering

Reaction score
    As we know space has not have final frontier.

My proposition is to create something that we can call chain-servering. All players servers can create huge universe. It's like planetary systems away of lightyears each others. Also some % of server machines can compute one big common central sectors where big battles can take places. This allows us to meet in one huge universe.

Any server can choose to be public to chainservering or local, not bounded.
    The gate to another serwer could be a warp-gate in key sectors.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    A very similar idea for this arose for the futurecraft mod for MC. I like the idea personally, it would certainly bring the community much closer, although it would be difficult to make, require a large overhaul of the server system as it is and what if each server has different rules? You could be blamed for breaking a rule because you forgot you traveled cross server. And when a ship passes through the gate to another server, it would take a while and large amount of bandwidth as it would probs use the same system that blueprints use

good idea but I think it would take too long and be too much of an overhaul

Reaction score
    Personally, I think this could be a fantastic idea.

With a little tweaking, server rules could be displayed before jumping into their territory, then you could decide if you wanted to go in or not. If a server has banned you, it could simply be a \"jump denied\" message or something.

I would not immediately dismiss it on the grounds of it being \"too much work\", as Schema will be the one to make the final call in this regard. He has already put in more than a little work making the game thus far, so don\'t count out his dedication, or motivation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    good idea in principal but the gates have to be big enough to fit massive ships in or for 800m long by 500m wide ships you have a hyperdrive. but good idea

blurb

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    He spent years making the game engine. He is very dedicated to making this game. This might end up being made after 1.00 or something. I want it but if it does happen it wont be any time soon