Ceres class 'EAMS Aegis'

Reaction score
    I'm working on a webcomic and one of the spacecraft from it is the Earth Military Ceres class battlecruiser. My first attempt at building this failed when Starmade killed my character for no reason and the ship disappeared from existence.

This was as far as I got with that:

Anyway, so after I lost that, I started building a new one [though I spent some time working on a salvage ship and some asteroid bases in the mean time.] I had a lot of screenshots of the Vulcan to help me. I called the new one Aegis.

I started off with the Command Centre, which is slightly different to the original, but not by much. From there I could work out where the hull would go. The airlocks gave reference points.

After two days work, I got this far. I had changed the design somewhat, mostly in cosmetic ways. It now has blue 'tiger stripes', guidance lights around the airlocks, more navigation lights [but no Plex Beacons], turret hardpoints, and no salvage cannons. It doesn't have the SS-BB missile arrays that the Vulcan had either, but that's because they will be mounted in a different position.

If this was a Battlestar, that would just be the 'Alligator head' section. There's a 'centrifuge' and the Engine section yet to come. Both the Command section and the Engine section will have hangars. There will be a lot of turrets. At the moment, the Aegis can do nothing more than turn, as it has no engines, cannons or shields. Those things will come later.

Reaction score
    (If I\'m not supposed to double post, please tell me - the Rules page didn\'t mention it, but it is a common rule for forums.)

Okay, I increased the amount of tigerstripes that were on the nose. Pretty much a cosmetic feature, but I like it. The observation deck has been fitted, and has better floor lighting than the original. Some corridors have been set up between it and the airlock corridor. I was going to add the Earth Authority flag, but the resolution wasn\'t high enough. Instead, I just put the letters \'EA\' on the side in bold. Aegis has also been given numerous turret positions [docking systems not yet installed] and the utility section has been more fleshed out. The highest deck of this section may become crew quarters, but more likely will hold shield generators.

The rough shape of a hangar has emerged, and will be expanded upon later. That will involve making it asymmetrical so there is somewhere for communications towers and a missile array, as well as fitting docking systems. Internal lighting has been added to make building easier, as well as some \'structural\' elements such as the large grey hull \'supports\' that ring the inside of the hull at several points.

Possibly very important is the turret hardpoint on the underside of the hangar, which is very large, to allow for a very large turret. I\'m not sure what kind of turret, but probably a very powerful AMC one, probably with several barrels.

Reaction score
    Work continues. I added a power generation system to the Command section, putting two rings of hull-protected power cores around the inside of the hull, then connected them with four lines of more hull protected power units. This maxed out the power capacity, though e/sec capability will probably be further improved when I put a ring-reactor in the planned Engine Section. Some shield units were placed in an area inaccessable to players that didn\'t need to be empty. Despite running oput of shield modules to place, this maxed out shield capacity. Again, I plan on increasing the recovery rate.

As the below image shows, I have started building the Centrifuge section. The centre circle will be where the corridor linking the Command and Engine sections will go. Since Starmade doesn\'t support rotating sections or dynamic-direction gravity, the centrifuge section will be for show - and empty.