CCTV/Variable size displays

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Technical ideas to make use of existing game mechanics, to reduce game load:
    1. Instead of being directly viewable, make it possible to place the display on the hotbar. When the display is activated, the player's point of view is switched to the slaved camera, as if they switched to the camera with an arrow key. When the display is deactivated on the hotbar, the player's point of view returns to what it was before activating the display. When activated, the display's text is overlaid on top of the player's view or shows up as a pop-up message, regardless of whether the display is linked to a camera.
    2. Allow logic to "switch" camera/display links. Then when it does switch to a different camera, the player's POV is simply switched to the new camera, as if they were scrolling through cameras manually.
    3. Allow display activation to be toggle-able with logic, so that players can get a HUD message when logic happens, not just when they activate the display module on their hotbar. (The display will need to be linked to the entered-block to alter the HUD, with a default connection to the core.)
    4. As always, I hope cameras will get some sort of zoom function.
    5. Allow displays to be linkable to computer blocks, so that a player can simply use a computer to view the display block text and if linked, the slaved camera it is connected to. (Again, allow logic-switching.)

Reactions: PizzaPress

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I can see a couple cool things to come out of displays. I think a 360 degree monitor cockpit hooked up to external cameras would be a pretty sweet effect for when you enter the pilot seat. Even cooler, if a connected camera is destroyed while hooked up, the display will default to a static image.
    We are experiencing technical difficulties...please stand by.:confused: