Carrier Recall and Fleet Rank

Reaction score
    I've been trying to have a carrier ship that uses drones that are 1m wide x 5m deep x 20m high in order to have 4 drones on one rail. The setup I want to use is x_x_x_x where x is the rail and _ is the space between them, therefore a 1m space between rails. The problem however is the carrier recall, once the drones are deployed they collide infinitely when ordered to carrier recall. My solution for this fix is to have them go back to the pickup point based on their fleet rank. So basically as soon as rank 2 touches the rail then rank 3 starts docking and so on. This will allow for ships that can hold hundreds of drones. This one fix would probably change the game in a big and positive way.

Reactions: MacThule

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    As an alternative, you could place multiple pickup points in a wider span that all feed into the main rail path.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As an alternative, you could place multiple pickup points in a wider span that all feed into the main rail path.
    ^This is a good idea, it's what I do. Since pickup rals and points are invisible and uncollidable, you can also use them like this:

|-------x
    |------------------x
    |--------------------------------x
    |-------------------------------------------------x

Or, to put them on the same rail- though this doesn't work the greatest,

|-----------x-------------x-------------x-----------x

-- = pickup rail
    x = pickup point
    | = hangar

Reactions: Ithirahad