Carrier logic help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys I've trying this for y hours and its now very early in the morning. I have a underbelly hangar door into my hangar. I would like for the shuttles to fly in, get picked up, move straight up(this is as far as i got), then move forward again, then move to the side and finally move back down on to a rotator rail. Ive watched every video on youtube, read all the posts i could find and still no luck.

Sort of like this

......... x
    ...........x x x x

X is shuttle
    _ is carrier
    . Is whitespace

Im headed to sleep for now, but ill check this when i wake up, any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I suspect that there is more that you're trying to do than you were able to describe, because otherwise everything can be done by simply slapping down rails. You said "shuttles," so does that mean that you have multiple bays that you are trying to move them to? What is the rotator rail for?

When you're trying to move through multiple planes (up/down vs. sideways) you're going to have to use the pickup rails.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    MMK, First off, a pickup rail can "stay docked" to ANY side of a docker. you can just have it "grip" off one side of the docker, the "left side" of it in the below example.

• have the last pickup rail in the line coming from the pickup point face "left" of wherever the ones before it were facing
    • build rails going "up" off the left side of the pickup(so it pushes into them).
      • the docker should "stick" from it's left side and start climbing once it's shoved into them
    • at the upper part, just build a set of rails going the direction you want.
      • don't buildthe "up" rails past the ones they pass of to, sometims it will ignore them and just keep going.
    From what I see, your pickup point is some arbitrary distance out. If multiple fighters/whatever use the same pickups or rals, it's a good idea to add logic to them to "control the flow"

make it so if the vertical set of rails is in use, the pickup-point- set leading into it gets zero speed, and turns the pickup point off.
    this helps in avoiding collisions on the rail.
    • connect all the pickup rails(c) after the pickup point and in the "up" section to activator blocks(v) to read if something is using them
    • connect all the activation blocks(c) the rails are controlling to an "or"(v) block.
    • Connect that "or" (c) to a not(v).
    • Use that not(c) to control the pickup point(v) and/or a speed controller controlling that area.
    • once the ship going "up" gets past the up segment it would allow the next ship to start coming in. jam-control and all that

you can use an "or" gate on different sections of your hangar to detect if a specific docking bay is in use(or about to be in use), and sort the next set coming along the rail based on that information