Cargo Capacity Limitations

Reaction score
    Small feature I'd like to see is that there be a volume/mass limitation on loot in the cargo blocks. Right now just a few of them will fill up an entire shops inventory and then some without any problems, I'd prefer it as chaining cargo blocks together would increase the volume/mass of the cargo array. I won't get into numbers as I've never been good at those.

One more side feature might be (if mass based) cargo ships would weigh more or less based on how full they are. That one is just an idea though, not really a suggested feature.

Reactions: TheLolingPain
    Reaction score
    That makes a lot of sense. Volume is a bit hard... but mass is the way to go. If we make freighters behave like full and empty freighters, that adds to the game.

Reaction score
    Mmm chainlinking storage... *Drolls* good idea indeed, we don't have to look in each box, boxes will be more realistic, even if its a nerf it would be pretty fun

Carry 10 million blocks? Oh boy... ¤_¤

Reaction score
    being able to link onboard storage blocks together like weapon blocks would be nice, link 5 together and open it in ship inventory for a 5x bigger scrolling window. But the most needed feature would be an auto store system (excess loot picked up would be stored in onboard ship storage) we also need a sort/stack option button, to sort the inventory/storage and combine item stacks. and at the very least being able to "name" a storage block/location? would make inventory management a whole lot easier.

Reaction score
    Stack limits are a planned feature.
    Nobody is talking about stack limits. I'm talking about each object holding a weight inside of a chest that can only hold so much weight.

Stacking the cargo blocks wouldn't make room for more stacks it would just allow for you to hold more weight. Personally I think you should be able to put an unlimited amount of stack into a cargo chest so long as you are within the weight limits.

Reaction score
    I agree stacks shouldn't have a limit based on the amount, but based on the mass.

Reaction score
    I can see your point about cargo affecting ship mass, however almost all blocks have a similar mass when placed so storage would look really dumb having one slot with a number of same type blocks and all the other slots of storage unusable. Also do you realize how your suggested system could effect the way your personal inventory is limited? A stack limit will be a nice change, but right now lets just assume the storage lockers use a trans-dimensional "bag of holding" type system that negates the mass and volume of all items placed inside them.

Reaction score
    Hm, this seems like it might help, but there should definitely be a more...refined solution, in the long run. Not a bad start, however.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think Plex Storage is handy, but I do like the idea of the container having a Maximum Mass capacity. Once reached, the remaining slots are greyed out. Tie one Plex Storage to a Cargo Block to increase the amount of mass it can store, but there's only one interface so you don't have to open 8 different containers.

If this is possible, I think the GUI should change. Instead of being a grid of items it should be a list (preferably alphabetized). This way the 'capacity' can extend beyond the limits of a 10x5 grid, though it's still limited by the chest's maximum mass.

Even so, the idea of them being 4-dimensional storage spaces will have to stick. I carry around 100k hull sometimes, and I don't want to have to have a ship with 5k Cargo Blocks to hold them all. You can only get so realistic before it gets too complicated.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think Plex Storage is handy, but I do like the idea of the container having a Maximum Mass capacity. Once reached, the remaining slots are greyed out. Tie one Plex Storage to a Cargo Block to increase the amount of mass it can store, but there's only one interface so you don't have to open 8 different containers.

If this is possible, I think the GUI should change. Instead of being a grid of items it should be a list (preferably alphabetized). This way the 'capacity' can extend beyond the limits of a 10x5 grid, though it's still limited by the chest's maximum mass.

Even so, the idea of them being 4-dimensional storage spaces will have to stick. I carry around 100k hull sometimes, and I don't want to have to have a ship with 5k Cargo Blocks to hold them all. You can only get so realistic before it gets too complicated.
    Maybe let Plex-Stores hold a maximum number of blocks (...or mass/value/whatever of blocks...) in total.
    Linked Plex-Stores increase _and_ mirror the inventory.​

Sorted by Category - as with shops. The player should be able to make pre-sets of sorting and plex stores select one pre-set.
    If I want to make a ship, I want Yellow and Grey Hulls next to each other - also reactors, thrusters and tanks, shields, core, etc.​

I would like the menu to be larger. It only takes <1/4 area in the middle of my screen -subtracting equal tab size, it could be 3-4 times larger without taking all the space on my screen. Then it also wouldn't be such a pain to navigate in shops.

Reactions: AsherMaximum
    Reaction score
    I would like the menu to be larger. It only takes <1/4 area in the middle of my screen -subtracting equal tab size, it could be 3-4 times larger without taking all the space on my screen. Then it also wouldn't be such a pain to navigate in shops.
    YES! No matter how storage gets changed, this really should happen. The window is just so small and hard to navigate when dealing with a shop or a full plex storage.