Carbon fibre block. Make your racing ships look 10x more awesome.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So I was building a racing ship and thought how cool would it be to have a carbon fibre textured block (similarly to hazard stripe blocks, it should also come in a variety of shapes). If you don't know what carbon fibre is, it is basicly a very strong and light material commonly used in the making of high performance cars and more. It looks like this:

And applied to a car like this:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I see your carbon fibre, and raise you rhino-lining.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sounds more like something you'd want to do in a texture pack instead of a completely new class of hull block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    new class of hull sounds better (and make it lighter so cloakers use it to hull up)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    An armor that is lightweight and absorbs 2 shots of any round, no more, no less. Good for cloakers and racers alike. Carbon fiber blocks are a good discription for it. schema , we love you are you listening?

Ps,rails rock.

Reactions: Ithirahad

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    In addition to how amazing racing ships would look with it, cloakers with hull might actually be viable with this. +1

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    An armor that is lightweight and absorbs 2 shots of any round, no more, no less. Good for cloakers and racers alike. Carbon fiber blocks are a good discription for it.
    That would be insanely powerful on the right ship.

A block that can absorb 100 million damage, twice? No thank you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    A 'light' armor would be useful. Maybe half of the mass, and half HP of the basic hull? +1

Reaction score
    So we've got hull, standard armor, advanced armor, crystal armor. Do we really need yet another type of armor, which would basicly be black advanced armor with a slightly different texture? *shakes his head*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That would be insanely powerful on the right ship.

A block that can absorb 100 million damage, twice? No thank you.
    Why would you waste your alpha damage on a ship with that armor.

I can see how it could be exploited, but I think there's ways around it, such as limiting how many can actually be on a ship, or causing that an adjacent block being damaged or destroyed will take up one or both of the hits of the carbon fibre (which would make you not want to use regular hull near it, making it more likely to be visible, allowing you to know you shouldn't use your alpha weapons on it).

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Could be interesting, as long as it's like .01 mass. +1

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    half of the mass, and half HP of the basic hull
    seems like a decent solution to implementing this type of armor. That way it wouldn't be OP but would still have value and use.
    Besides, I want to make a carbon-fiber space-Ferrari :P

Reactions: Mariux

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Wait, I thought this was a suggestion for a deco block? Why are people trying to throw around values and ideas to make it a type of hull?

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wait, I thought this was a suggestion for a deco block? Why are people trying to throw around values and ideas to make it a type of hull?
    Originally I was suggesting a deco block, but if it is possible to give it some sort of a function, it's even better.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why would you waste your alpha damage on a ship with that armor.
    Because if you're close enough to see the actual texture on your opponent's hull, you're too damned close. Entire point of high alpha damage is to cripple your opponent right out of the gate.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    An armor that is lightweight and absorbs 2 shots of any round, no more, no less. Good for cloakers and racers alike. Carbon fiber blocks are a good discription for it. schema , we love you are you listening?

Ps,rails rock.
    That sounds extremely overpowered when used as sub-layers. Normal blocks can already soak up single projectiles (and break in the process). Having a single block do twice that, without even breaking on the first one would be overkill.

AND lightweight? I'm sorry, but no. You could use that under a single layer of normal hull to make ships impervious to the already underused cannon combos (apart from cannon/cannon).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    That sounds extremely overpowered when used as sub-layers. Normal blocks can already soak up single projectiles (and break in the process). Having a single block do twice that, without even breaking on the first one would be overkill.

AND lightweight? I'm sorry, but no. You could use that under a single layer of normal hull to make ships impervious to the already underused cannon combos (apart from cannon/cannon).
    he means make it so it takes a total of 2 shots from ANY projectile. it breaks at the second shot (meaning 2 handgun shots will kill it)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    he means make it so it takes a total of 2 shots from ANY projectile. it breaks at the second shot (meaning 2 handgun shots will kill it)
    I know, but two 100000000 damage shots do too. You could have it under a layer of normal armor, effectively stopping any alpha strike ever and still have some resistance against rapid fire shots (from the normal armor layer). You could even make layered composite armor with more layers, which would be OP as fuck.

People want more uses for the non-rapid fire cannon combos, that'd make the issue even worse.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know, but two 100000000 damage shots do too. You could have it under a layer of normal armor, effectively stopping any alpha strike ever and still have some resistance against rapid fire shots (from the normal armor layer). You could even make layered composite armor with more layers, which would be OP as fuck.

People want more uses for the non-rapid fire cannon combos, that'd make the issue even worse.
    make it so that if 1 of the carbon fiber blocks takes it a hit it acts like all the carbon fiber blocks on the ship did and make it so carbon fiber blocks alone take dmg threw sheilds. this would encourage people to use it as a cloaker only block. ( cloakers generaly look like crap so this will help make em look good and still cloak. just dont take a hit from any form of gun)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You know, we COULD just give basic hull a 1/4 of the mass of regular blocks or something to make it viable on cloakers, instead of implementing a whole new hull class.