Capital Shields

Reaction score
    So how about a shield generator that you have to build (in a certain shape) that takes up a lot of room and only works on ships with a mass above a certain amount. It would add like 10x shields to whatever the current shields are. This could help balance the fact that a single tiny fighter can take out a massive ship easily.

Reaction score
    Have you played the game before? Fighters cannot kill real Capitol ships. How big are the ships that you ar talking about anyways?

Reaction score
    A diagram of what you mean might help... But as Legolas170 said, a single fighter can\'t kill a capitol.

Reaction score
    Fighters don\'t pose a threat to complex capital ships with big turrets and modular plating.

Though I do partially agree, I don\'t like how shielding scales so poorly with large ships.

Reaction score
    My fighters (approximately 263 mass) do about 4.5k dps.

My Shields recharge at 134,737 s/sec on my current build (266,117 mass - unfinished). If you do the math, that means that it will take dozens of fighters to kill my supercarrier. Not to mention dodging multiple turrets that put out a combined 350k dps. And the drones which do 1.5k dps, and there are 52 of them.

I like the idea of building designs that allow for more complex ship structures, instead of just putting in massive swaths of shield blocks, but the reasoning is a little weak.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    brucethemoose

Though I do partially agree, I don\'t like how shielding scales so poorly with large ships.

I like the idea of building designs that allow for more complex ship structures, instead of just putting in massive swaths of shield blocks, but the reasoning is a little weak.

+1 to these two statements

I like how reactors works, but I don\'t like that you can fill all empty space with similar thruster-strips AMCs or Shields.

If we have a reason to space every vital (amc, shield, reactors, thrust, power storage) part out (like 1/2 efficiency for 1 direct vital neighbour, 1/3 efficiency with 2), it would make RP a lot better (RP ships are more effective compared to pure-combat) - just a new idea of mine :)

Another good thing would be dedicated bomber-setups. Something like a shield hardener which makes it better vs AMC fire (but also disables own AMCs) and bombs which can be used through these AMC/normal-weapons hardened shields and do a lot of damage at short range...

Think about it :) It would enforce a buff of big ships in other stats and nerf small ships with very dense vitals enough to make RP+combat balance viable.