Cant wait for visual and sound improvements

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I do quite like building in this game, but what would really make me appreciate mine and others creations is if they had some sound and visuals to go with the design. Cools ships in this game look really good from a distance, but up close they seem a bit lifeless, and it always makes me a bit sad when my latest cool turrets just go *pew pew* when the fire instead of a big, satisfying noise that really sounds like something that could cause as much damage as it does. Or when I fly a fighter through tight spaces at high speeds and all I hear is a slight humming, if even that.

Weapons all just fire blobs or beams of solid color, which look a bit boring. And of course, beams all look like little laser pointers, even if they have power on par with the death star. Missiles look sort of OK, but could be much improved.

But imagine how much cooler builds will be when they improve the sounds, weapons tracers, and all of that. Massive salvos of turbolasers from someones star destroyer will really feel like a massive outpouring of destructive power. Fly a fighter through the girders and spars of a big space station, and you can hear the engines scream as you pull tight turns, and hear massive crashes if you hit something. A battle between two capital ships can really light up the sky with bursts of cannon fire and beams tracing bright lines between them for a moment before vanishing. When you walk in the corridors of you flagship, you could really feel the whole ship humming with massive power, and shuddering if it gets hit, with the sounds of return fire reverberating through the ship.

Anyone else feel that improved sound and visuals is what is really needed to bring the things people create to life?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Agree.

Volumetric projectiles with damage-transparency if they don't fully hit a target (use a 2D-plane intersection to detect hits).

Massive salvos of turbolasers from someones star destroyer will really feel like a massive outpouring of destructive power.
    Always have to think about Death-Wings from StarGate (translated from Todesgleiter).

They fire 2 projectiles at a time and often miss the person inbetween the impact points, but the impacts look much better than just from a single projectile.
    They also fire three times before flying over you and turning around which creates an unique pattern.
    Particle beams are more like a string you throw at another in the vast distances of space - they can look bent.

Massive Plasma-guns are almost instant-hit like beams and share their penalty for instant-hitting, but don't share their continuousness and properties coming from that, but may have a splash-effect similar to missiles.​

StarMade is below it's potential and many know it.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    The day we get visual upgrades of weapons and cool sounds for them,is the day I donate my legs and other non-essential organs to charity. because I wont get up from my chair and stop creating cool battles between my ships

Reactions: GreenScrapBot

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The day we get visual upgrades of weapons and cool sounds for them,is the day I donate my legs and other non-essential organs to charity. because I wont get up from my chair and stop creating cool battles between my ships
    Same here, because I will be watching all of your videos of said battles. And making a few battles of my own.