Can't Update

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Everytime I try to update the game it gives me an error message saying that the downloaded mirror file didn't match the checksum give from starmade.org. I'm not really a computer gamer, so I have no idea what this means. Anyone able to help?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m having the same issue, i have tried deleting the old files, redownloading the launcher but i still get the error.

i\'ve tried manually downloading the game, but it doesn\'t seem to work doing it that way either, putting the files in the launcher directory doesn\'t do anything. the launcher doesn\'t recognise the files are there and i have to press the \"update and install latest version, which causes that error to show up again

Drivers are all up to date. (don\'t have intel g-card)

and after writing up a crash report and trying to send in the /logs i got another error saying \"IOException The system cannot find the path specified.

so i can\'t even send in my logs at this point. shame they don\'t have real support for this game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok so I deleted every scrap of the game from my computer, hoping that the update would work. However, I am still getting the same error about the checksum give and now can\'t play the game since I deleted the older version from my computer. So deleting it was a horrible idea. This really sucks cause I love this game and I just want to play it. I don\'t understand why it is giving me this error when there is NO MIRROR FILE ON MY COMPUTER!

Reaction score
    Download this file:

http://files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20130709_211349.zip

unzip it and it should be the game, you\'ll need the launcher still

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Where do i put that?
    The launcher doesnt recognize it...
    Also im getting the same error

Reaction score
    You need a folder structure like this:

...\\Starmade\\StarMade-starter.exe
    ...\\Starmade\\StarMade\\StarMade.jar + tens of other files and folders here...

Reaction score
    That was a very old build of the game. Make sure you don\'t just \"run\" the startmade-starter.exe but instead download and \"save\" it to your computer somewhere, then once it has saved, go to that folder and run it. It should create a \"StarMade\" folder and place all of the files in there.