Can't think of a design

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey There !

I am thinking of a design for my industrial station, but I can't think of anything for 4 days, I can't even draw something on paper :/ Any tips ?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Find something for inspiration.

Minmatar Stations are very industrial.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    vertical knives

Make working, active, animated industrial cranes with logic and rail rotors. They don't have to do anything useful. Just make them go back and forth as if they were. It'll look cool with a ship nearby.

Multi-level round rotating habitat rings containing all sorts of buildings and structures for astronauts to play with.

Massive, glowing billboards. Make up some corporate logos.

Reaction score
    Go visit deviantart or perhaps reddit or even a Google search. Look up some obscure, no-longer-canon Star Wars vessel (There's a lot) and build something based on it. Find somebody's concept art page somewhere or something, and build one of those ships...but improve wherever you feel improvement could be helpful. You'll end up with your own vessel. Inspired by something, of course, but your own regardless.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Tips for if your building a functioning easy to use home base station, or at least things to consider.

Are you adding warp gates? Where can you place them so people can fly in and out with a clear path.
    Are you adding shipyards? Again where do you want to place them so that there is a clear path in and out. U shaped allows you to leave in an
    extra direction. This is usually something easier to put into an industrial station as its good excuse for an industrial like framework.
    USD docks, their spacing, are they meant for nose in docking or side docking.
    There is a lot of things that can be upgraded in a station depending on what you need to do with it. So have lots of left over room internally for expansion. For things like: shields, shield rechargers, factory enhancers, cargo, capacitor.
    If its meant to be usable by a faction. Then you might want an area to have all the restricted faction access systems due to faction set on the station. Then use faction permission modules next to things to allow faction access to various other things in the faction member areas.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can always go to one of the grandaddys of 'em all, the Nostromo from Alien.

Reaction score
    Hey There !

I am thinking of a design for my industrial station, but I can't think of anything for 4 days, I can't even draw something on paper :/ Any tips ?
    sci fi station - Google-Suche
    scifi factory - Google-Suche

What modules do you want in your station? Shipyard? Some kind of space-harbour with like 10 USD?
    Some specials like an elevator? Turrets?

An extra dock for drones?

Single or multiplayer?

Size?

However industrial design elements are: pipes, cargo belts, exhaustion ports, power facilities, storage rooms/towers/modules - one closed for long term storage and one easily accessible for daily used stuff, a secretary, meeting room, entrance hall, control room ("lighthouse" of the station that oversees all).

If you want a general design direction or cant imagine a bigger picture, you need to think of that one building you want the most in your station. Its better if you have more special buildings in your mind, but expanding from this at least building you ask yourself what the most suitable design for this one object would be.

Example1: I want a big glowing reactor that is so hot it must work 50 m away from every object of the station and has one big power cable running to the factory. What kind of station likes long power cables? Those with a big sphere around it. they like extra objects around the sphere. Not those that are like a small city with many towers up and downwards, it would not suit the picture if a big object would be outside of a city, a city must be dense.
    Example2: I want some kind of overseeing tower in my station, like there are at airports. So its that city or many modules linked with pipes style. A sphere design would not be as good, because the control tower is not as intimidating if he is below some cheese dome.

If you have no clue at all, just use google pictures or watch some sci fy film. And remember the purpose of the station, and look if a city, sphere or some modular design fits it best. Or even a mining colony factory on a planet or in a asteroid.

Last edited: