Can't Load After System Refresh

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, long story short my Windows 8.1 was fried by a failed windows update and I had to do a system refresh. That wiped out a lot of programs, but fairly sure I've reinstalled everything that Starmade needs.

Thing is, it won't launch.

I can run the starter.exe, it says I have the most up to date version, I click Start Game and... nothing happens. No error message, no crash notice, nothing showing up in task manager, just flat out nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
    I had this issue recently.

Had to entirely uninstall, and reinstall, then worked just fine. Wish I had a classier fix for you, but if nothing else works.. That's what fixed it for me.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The fastest way to handle this, is to check the logs directory, and open the log.txt.0 with an editor, with some experience it can easily point you to the problem.
    If not, remove all files there, try to start the game again, and zip and send us all files that were generated.
    Will look into them and search for the problem.

- Andy

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Complete scratch reinstall did the trick. Lost my saved ships, but oh well, design and build is the best part of the game anyway.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Brute solution, but sometimes windows needs this type of motivation to work properly again.

- Andy