cant launch sandbox

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i keep getting this when i try and load it :L

SQLException:Database lock acquisition failure: lockfile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@3aa29ee2[file =C:\Users\(my user name)\Downloads\StarMade\server-database\index\.lck, exists=true,locked=false,valid=false,]method:checkHeartbeat read: 2013-06-21 00:42034 heartbeat - read:-1888 ms.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    same problem, the devs dont seem to want to fix this, and another bug that basically does the same thing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1. Where did the game crash?
    2.What where you doing in the game when the Bug ocurred?
    3. Please describe the problem.

The game crashed at the logging in sequence.

The bug ocurred as I was attempting to launch the sandbox mode singleplayer.

The problem is that apperently, even though i have given the pack full access to all files on my computer,
    it says that the files cannot be accessed because of access being denied. The note says; \'\'this crash happens when there is still an intance of the game is running, check your proccess manager for \'\'javaw.exe\'\' or restart your computer to solve this problem.\'\'

Even when I restart my computer and efter re-installing the game, it doesn\'t work. I tried re-installing Java, but to no avail, if anyone would care to look into this it would help. Please take a look on this crash report

SQLException: Database lock acquisition failure: lockFile: org.hsqldb.persist.LockFile@25c68bc2[file =C:\\Users\\(my user)\\desktop\\StarMade\\server-database\\index\\-lck, exists=false, locked=false, valid=false, ] method: openRAF reason: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\\Users\\(my user)\\desktop\\StarMade\\server-database\\index\\-lck (Access denied)

I run a HP pavillion g6 Notebook PC with 64-bit windows 8. I have 64-bit java. Intel Core i-5 processor and intel HD graphics 4000 graphic card. I\'ve updated everything to the latest version drivers, programs everything.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    My game just came down with the same problem too. It\'s wierd, it was working just fine a few hours ago.

Edit: I just terminated Java.exe like it suggested, and now it works fine. For now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m having the same problem. Although I\'ve never been successful running StarMade. I\'m running Windows 7 64-bit and reinstalled Java (both 32 and 64-bit, version 7 u25) and have rebooted the computer a few times. I\'m running the launcher as Administrator and I\'ve double checked and the java.exe or javaw.exe processes are not running. I\'m running an AMD Radeon 7950 card with updated drivers.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I grabbed a screenshot of the error, but it was too large to even fit on the screen. I broke it into 2 screenshots, both here:

http://imgur.com/a/3Ep1T

It looks like it may be some sort of permission problem? Although I\'m not sure why it can\'t access files as I am running the launcher as administrator. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you move the files out of your user profile to a folder that has full permissions to everyone (say create a new folder on the root of c, and give Everyone full access permissions), does it still do the same thing?

I seem to be finding in my day-to-day job supporting Win7 that the user profile\'s have odd permissions and can misbehave even with a local admin account...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well that got me on the right track and I did end up getting the game to work! What I ended up having to do is:

• Created a new folder in the root of my C:\\ for the game.
    • I right clicked the folder and noticed it was set to read-only. I removed the read only attribute of the folder.
    • Went to the permissions and made sure Users, Admin, and System all had full control of the folder.
    • Downloaded the StarMade launcher and let it install the game.
    • Checked the new folder again and noticed that some of its files were marked read only. I unset that again (and on all subfolders/files),
    • Double checked that Users had full control (still set correctly from before). Then when launching the game, everything worked.

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
    I\'m getting a notice that the sever version doesn\'t match the client version. And because you\'re forced to run a fake server to play single player, I can\'t play at all. We need a new patch, Schema.