Can't join friend's dedicated server. He can't join mine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello all,

So after showing my friend the game he decided he wanted to try playing multiplayer with me. "Awesome", I tought, and we decided to try. Well, I've no idea what's wrong but no matter what we try we just can't seem to join eachother. We first tried using Hamachi. No luck. We then tried using local IPv4 and port forwarding. I've watched tutorial after tutorial on how to make this work. I can't join myself using my Hamachi:4242 address, but I can join myself using my local address:4242 or stock localhost:4242 address. Same for him.

I've been at this for HOURS and I just can't seem to figure it out.. I'm at my wits end and am ready to just give up and continue exploring the corners of space alone. I'd like not to do that, but I just don't know what to do...

Thanks. Any advice would be appreciated,
    Erik

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can you connect to your server through your external-facing IP address while using port forwarding? You can use whatismyip.com or icanhazip.com to find out what it is. It should be anything other than 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.X.X.

If you can\'t it means something (probably port forwarding) isn\'t configured correctly. If you can then make sure that\'s the IP address you give your friend for the server, after that I would probably double check that you\'re both using the same version of StarMade.

Hope this helps.