can't install the game

Reaction score
    I can't install the game. The installer says: "checksumfailedexeption: the downloaded mirror file didn't match the checksum given by star-made.org. the file might be modified!".This has been reported multiple times recently. I updated java to the latest version, tried to update my driver(intel t3500) TWICE and also tried to download manually multiple times. i'm not the begging type, but please find a solution and post it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    try to install the alternate launcher that could help

Reaction score
    Or just try reinstalling the default one. As far as I can see, this error shows that Starmade is trying to pull files from another website, as checksum is the value of the game (If a client is a different checksum to a server, it normally means they are using a different version/mods)

Downloading it manually can work for now if you download it and then turn off your internet briefly while logging in. Although I wouldn't suggest this. It's time consuming.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Reaction score
    the "Alternative Launcher" is just downloading from a different place, its still the same Launcher :u you could try downloading Starmade Manually

In which case, download and extract this file to a empty starmade folder, I'd recommend popping into chat if your having troubles doin a Manual install, or use this Guide http://starmadedock.net/threads/how-to-play-starmade-for-dummies.254/
    doesn't work. i downloaded the file you gave and placed it in the file with my laucher(before running it it still worked) i tried to run it, it didn't work and i couldn't open the file anymore

Reaction score
    i can open the map and it's unzipped, bt it creates a new file wich is exactly the same(zipped) and i can't open that one