Can't get my drones to heal my other drones?

Reaction score
    Hello, I've only been playing for a week or two. I've finally gotten to the point where I made a mothership/carrier and a bunch of drones.

I have a lot of the "Soul Drones" famous here, but I also made a bunch of "support drones" (one is supposed to be a healer, the other is Ion Missles and Shotgun Beam).

The healer doesn't seem to be healing any of my drones as they get damaged. Instead, they just sort of sit around. After being attacked for a while, they might start to fly away but that is it. Do I have to wait until no fighting is going on or something? If so, that kind of defeats the purpose of what I am trying to do :/

Am I doing something wrong? Or are drone healers not possible right now?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There's no AI provision in the game for 'healing' right now; Bobby AI can attack or follow fleet commands.

Reaction score
    There's no AI provision in the game for 'healing' right now; Bobby AI can attack or follow fleet commands.
    :/ well that sucks. But thank you for letting me know, I was just about to waste a lot of time testing it!

---EDIT---

While I'm at it, do you happen to know which weapons/support systems the AI DOESN'T work with? Besides healing, of course.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The AI can use all of the main weapons (Cannon, Missile, Damage Beam, Damage Pulse) with slaved systems, effect computers, etc. The AI cannot use any of the support tools (shield drain/transfer, power drain/transfer, astrotech healing). The AI can use salvage beams if part of a fleet which is given the "mine sector" fleet command.

There is a loophole to the support tools: Bobby AI can't use them, but a logic pulse can trigger them. Also, astrotech beam isn't as useful as it sounds in general; it can 'heal' a ship's damaged blocks, but it can't reconstruct a ship or add back destroyed blocks.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    AI is terrible with circuit-breakers & fuses and logical contradictions. Will self destruct. :eek:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The AI can't use passive effect modules either, such as using the Stop module to ignore gravity or the Ion module to boost shield strength. Hopefully the future will show some AI improvements, if not some customization features. =)

Reaction score
    I would really love to have a set of Drones to use support tools to help fix my ships. ie: Astrotech Beams. Oh it would be nice if Astrotech beams would replace destroyed blocks.
    [doublepost=1472626304,1472626268][/doublepost]Maybe if you, like, load a blueprint into it? But thats for s suggestion thread

Reaction score
    You can make an extra repair dock inside your carrier with cool looking beams shooting from every wall onto the drone that is parked there for maintenance. Its not effective but it looks cool. :D The only effective way atm is to repair used drones by sending them from your carrier into a station-shipyard. I don't even know if it's possible and it's somewhat a small logic and rail placement challenge. Can you send ships on a rail onto shipyard docks?

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    dd
    [doublepost=1472669623,1472669415][/doublepost]
    Oh it would be nice if Astrotech beams would replace destroyed blocks.
    --- Updated post (merge), Today at 2:51 AM, Original Post Date: Today at 2:51 AM --- Maybe if you, like, load a blueprint into it? But thats for s suggestion thread
    Fow for to be linking the ideas::)

Hand-held Astrotech beam