Can't download ships... or use any site functions.

Reaction score
    First off, hi, i'm new.

Second off... wtf. I came to the site originally to download some cool player-made ships... low and behold I have to register to do that... so I register, confirm e-mail, done right? nope, still won't let me. So I dig some more and find out that since I own the game on steam I had to link my steam account... fine, done, easy... I go back... still can't download it. I scour the site to try and see if there are more tasks us newbies have to do in order to get ranks to download stuff... nada, can't find anything. So I can go into the website's chat and ask for help right? Wrong, I go there and it says I don't have access to that feature...

So... are there any new registration things that I need to do to access the features on this website? And if not... why can't I? Yes I am very much annoyed by now... and no, that's not the right word, but I might as well PRETEND i'm not frustrated to the point of swearing.:mad:

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    well,can not say that would not make me go into a "rage mode" :D
    hmm,no idea what is going on, maybe AndyP knows something that I do not.
    steam is kinda wierd in all kinds of areas.

But if all else fails,download the game directly from this site,instal it in another place,so its separated from the steam instalation.
    run the non-steam launcher and when you get to the main launch window with settings,type your character name and click "uplink to star-made.org"

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You are trying to download a ship from Community Content? As far as I can tell, there is no other requirements than having a account. Linking or having a certain version of the game should not matter.

It seems to be working for me though, so it's not just bugging out again, might I suggest a support ticket at Support : StarMade Support ?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Ticket received, not sure about the cause, we did restart the CDN, but does not seem to have any effect for us.

Currently waiting on a reply, if it is fixed for him now.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Ticket received, not sure about the cause, we did restart the CDN, but does not seem to have any effect for us.

Currently waiting on a reply, if it is fixed for him now.

- Andy
    I seem to be having the same problem today. It seems like the website is 'forgetting' that i'm logged in every time I view a forum thread? I also can't use the bar above the threads to log in, I have to go to the list of categories and use the blue 'log in' button on the right instead... even then, as soon as I view another thread again it treats it as if I haven't logged in again.

well,can not say that would not make me go into a "rage mode" :D
    hmm,no idea what is going on, maybe AndyP knows something that I do not.
    steam is kinda wierd in all kinds of areas.

But if all else fails,download the game directly from this site,instal it in another place,so its separated from the steam instalation.
    run the non-steam launcher and when you get to the main launch window with settings,type your character name and click "uplink to star-made.org"
    I tried this, it didn't seem to fix it. Ironically the ship in question that I was wanting to download was your awesome Venator class dude ( http://starmadedock.net/content/resolution-venator-star-destroyer.2189/ )! Looks amazing, certainly my favorite star wars ship... it's a shame I am having such a weird problem.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    K, another thing I only just thought to try was disabling adblock plus... I have still left it off in case of other possible issues, but it did not fix this one.
    I've just tested your account, I was able to download resources and enter the chat room. Can you try again? What messages are you getting when it doesn't work?

Reaction score
    I've just tested your account, I was able to download resources and enter the chat room. Can you try again? What messages are you getting when it doesn't work?
    oddly enough I was actually able to get in the chat now, but before it was leaving a message in the chat bar (where you normally type) that I did not have access to that feature.

as for downloading ships: I go to the page with the download that I want, click the button to download (which already says it's not available, but I do anyway), it then takes me to a StarMade Dock - Error page, which says in red highlilght "You must be logged in to do that.", even if I was logged in when I went to the forum post. Below that it says "click here to login with starmade registry", when I click that, it simply reloads the error page with no notable changes.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    oddly enough I was actually able to get in the chat now, but before it was leaving a message in the chat bar (where you normally type) that I did not have access to that feature.

as for downloading ships: I go to the page with the download that I want, click the button to download (which already says it's not available, but I do anyway), it then takes me to a StarMade Dock - Error page, which says in red highlilght "You must be logged in to do that.", even if I was logged in when I went to the forum post. Below that it says "click here to login with starmade registry", when I click that, it simply reloads the error page with no notable changes.
    I'm not getting any errors on our side, I've tested this myself and I'm not getting these issues.

What browser are you using?

Reaction score
    I'm not getting any errors on our side, I've tested this myself and I'm not getting these issues.

What browser are you using?
    I am using Google Chrome, only addon is Adblock Plus which, as I mentioned, I have disabled.

Edit: Tried it with Internet Explorer just now, same issues.

Reaction score
    Can you clear your cache, close your browser and try again? If it doesn't work, can you take a screenshot of the download page showing that you are logged in and the button stating that you are not.

Clear cache and cookies - Accounts Help
    That did not fix it. That isn't what is happening. Take this page for example... I am logged in on this page... I have to be, I am, in fact, able to post here... what happens is, when I go to a page with a download, notably this one Resolution - Venator Star Destroyer , it 'forgets' that I am logged in, I get a 'log in' button at the top of the screen, and it disables the download, the 'log in' button does not do anything, and the download button does as mentioned above.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That did not fix it. That isn't what is happening. Take this page for example... I am logged in on this page... I have to be, I am, in fact, able to post here... what happens is, when I go to a page with a download, notably this one Resolution - Venator Star Destroyer , it 'forgets' that I am logged in, I get a 'log in' button at the top of the screen, and it disables the download, the 'log in' button does not do anything, and the download button does as mentioned above.
    Do you need to re-login after going to the download page back to the forum? Or does it log you back in automatically when you switch back to Forums

Reaction score
    Do you need to re-login after going to the download page back to the forum? Or does it log you back in automatically when you switch back to Forums
    I do have to re-log manually, yes, and I have tried IMMEDIATELY going back to the download thread again, only for the same to still occur.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I do have to re-log manually, yes, and I have tried IMMEDIATELY going back to the download thread again, only for the same to still occur.
    I have temporarily removed the restriction on having to be logged in to download ships. It may still say the download is not available, however if you click the button, it should still download.

Reaction score
    I have temporarily removed the restriction on having to be logged in to download ships. It may still say the download is not available, however if you click the button, it should still download.
    Thanks, I have at least downloaded the file I was hoping for now :)

I do have a college class I need to get going to though, so while i'd still like to work on figuring this out, it's going to have to wait for a few hours.

Reactions: SkylordLuke