Can't dock

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey Guys, i have try so much to dock my ship to my base, but nothing work :(

Data:

Ship: approx 200 Length, 100 Wide and 100 High!

I build a Docking Modul with 200 Enhancer on X, 200 on Y and 200 on Z!

So my area is 200x200x200 and my ship is smaller!

I am not sure, but in a test on single player with a "smaller" version, it work, but when i try the big ship it doesn't work. What i see is, that the ship move the position when it docks, but why?

I hope anyone can help me! :-D

Greetz

Phoso

Reaction score
    I\'ve also tried docking a big ship, it\'s super fucking hard to get the beam right on the docking module...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is a range limit to the docking beam in fact because my friend bought this 200k shield ship which had the core in the middle from the cockpit view you can\'t see the beam from the bow while in the back cockpit view you can see the beam go about 50 blocks or so.

Using what I learned I managed to dock it just but then another ship glitched it out of docking so you need to build your front end of ship less than 50 blocks long or have cleverly placed cockpits so you can see when the beam is hitting otherwise your stuck.

So they should make it so that the beam is as long as the sector so that this makes all ships dockable no matter where the core is.

Reaction score
    Quick, make a post in suggestions.( and put the link here of course)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Ratking: Thx, it works now!

I have create a new Cockpit nearby the ship core so i use this cockpit only for docking, strange the old cockpit was set to low, but so i can better fly, very strang all in all :-D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For those whose docking beam doesn\'t even reach the front of their ship, you can seperate the docking module from the enhancors so that the module you need to aim at is a single block far from anything else. You then have a hole in the side of your ship going to the core, which only opens when it needs to dock. You maneuver your ship so that the module goes down the hole, and next to the core, and from then on it is a simple matter of facing your core at the module and docking. However impractical this may be, it works, and is a simple solution until this problem is dealt with.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You do know that what you are suggesting is comprimising a ship\'s core, making hull and whatever is covering the core basicly useless? This is since someone would just need to spam their canons or rockets till they hit the core while the sheilds are down. This is even worse than a ship designer having to just make the ship\'s core closer to the front since they are exposed and therefore easier pickings.

Reaction score
    It wasn\'t an exhaust port - it\'s how they docked the Death Star in the Star Forge, of course!