Can't Do That Star Fox (Dev build edition)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But you do know how to use rails?

It looks like your logic or rail direction is wrong (the whole rail-way has to face the same direction)

Reaction score
    But you do know how to use rails?

It looks like your logic or rail direction is wrong (the whole rail-way has to face the same direction)
    I am sorry, I guess I did not make it clear what exactly is wrong and what I am doing. What I am attempting to do is create hangar doors with "teeth".
    Unfortunately, the use of wedges prevents a perfect fit in such situation.

As you can see in the link below, after removing wedges the system is now working fine.

Edit: Give me a second, dropbox is being a dick and not letting it be streamed.
    Edit2: Screw Dropbox, here is a webm.
    http://webmshare.com/rG3GG

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Looks like a perfect fit to me.
    It is visually, but the rail system does not treat it as such, which is why you are seeing it going back and forth.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430426204,1430425621][/DOUBLEPOST]Recreated the error as simple as possible. It still thinks it can't fit there :(

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Have you tried a crazy fast clock making it force the doors together over and over?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm pretty sure that 'wedge support' was only added like yesterday. Every block is more or less considered a 'full' block with their collision detection, so they are still working on getting it so wedges can merge like that I think (something about having to check over 500 combinations of positions).

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I can see this taking a while to figure out.

Interlocking wedges on doors may be an over-powered system, which may lead to block-angles getting reduced HP and mass sooner than anticipated. After all, if you have a single block space that effectively contains two angle blocks (or a penta and tetra together), then you have the possibility for double HP in a given block space, because to penetrate, a weapon would have to first destroy one of the two interlocking blocks, then the other, before proceeding further inside.

Reactions: NeonSturm

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I can see this taking a while to figure out.

Interlocking wedges on doors may be an over-powered system, which may lead to block-angles getting reduced HP and mass sooner than anticipated. After all, if you have a single block space that effectively contains two angle blocks (or a penta and tetra together), then you have the possibility for double HP in a given block space, because to penetrate, a weapon would have to first destroy one of the two interlocking blocks, then the other, before proceeding further inside.
    I dont really see this being OP, considering you need to use rails to even get it, unless you tried to turn it into some form of Doomcube, it would be hard to abuse said system.

At the end of the day, it could be double HP, but it would also be double mass. The best it could lead to is more compact (and abusive) systems that don't benefit all that much because Hull is still paper.