Can't buy / Sell items at shops!

Reaction score
    Recently reinstalled my server and now I cannot buy or sell items at the shop. It says "Can't buy, not enough credits" even though I clearly do.

I have tried the following based on my research:

1. cleared client cache
    2. flushed dns
    3. deleted local server save files
    4. uninstalled / reinstalled the game on local computer

None of these have fixed the issue. I can buy / sell on other servers, just not mine.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have you tried different versions of the game? Dev, Pre?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I was having some weird shop issues too. While in a ship core, sometimes randomly getting "no shop in range" while buying from a shop but completely cured if I press R and exit the core (and being way too close in a micro ship for it to be an issue of part of the ship being out of range). Didn't happen a lot, but more than once. If it keeps happening I'll bug it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Recently reinstalled my server and now I cannot buy or sell items at the shop. It says "Can't buy, not enough credits" even though I clearly do.
    Can't buy, not enough credits.

Is when you try to sell your items to the shop and it does not have any credits to pay you.

Select the shop and do /shop_restock this will add some credits and items to the shop.

There used to be a resent bug that when a shop had items out of stock. Then it could not buy this item even though the shop had enough credits to buy this item from you. I believe this was fixed but I could be wrong.

In yourstarmadefolder\server.cfg file check this:

SHOP_NPC_STARTING_CREDITS = 10000000 //null

That is the number of credits a shop should have to start with by default on the server. You can set it to anything you like. The changes only apply on a new map or possible/maybe shops that are still in the Fog of War.

Reaction score
    Can't buy, not enough credits.

Is when you try to sell your items to the shop and it does not have any credits to pay you.

Select the shop and do /shop_restock this will add some credits and items to the shop.

There used to be a resent bug that when a shop had items out of stock. Then it could not buy this item even though the shop had enough credits to buy this item from you. I believe this was fixed but I could be wrong.

In yourstarmadefolder\server.cfg file check this:

SHOP_NPC_STARTING_CREDITS = 10000000 //null

That is the number of credits a shop should have to start with by default on the server. You can set it to anything you like. The changes only apply on a new map or possible/maybe shops that are still in the Fog of War.

It was the shop at the origin. It most certainly had enough credits.
    [doublepost=1515104819,1515104773][/doublepost]It eventually started working by the third or fourth server wipe. Though I have no idea why it suddenly fixed itself or why it happened in the first place.