Cannot sell this item

Reaction score
    Hello,

First of all, I'm new to this game and site, so forgive me if this is a very stupid question.
    I tried following the in-game tutorial and a youtube tutorial. At some point I got stuck!

I wanted to sell mined items in a shop but for each and every item I found I got a message "Cannot sell this item. It is not allowed in shops" I can only sell items I got with me or the seller is selling. I tried searching for this "string" but I cannot find anything related. I know some blocks can't be sold, but surely not ALL of them?

Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Jcv44oN.jpg

I'm playing offline...

Thanks for helping me out in advance :)

Btw I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit. I don't know if this is important, though...

Regards.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't know much either as I'm just coming back to the game after not playing it for a while, and some stuff in the new update confuses me, but I believe its because some items such as terrain from planets and asteroids cannot be sold because well, who wants to buy dirt? And ores and various weapon systems can't be sold because ores have to be refined into ingots, and some weapon systems are obsolete such as sd-kb heatseekers. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Somehow, terrain blocks got removed from shops due to preparations for the crafting update. I suppose they should be back in stock sooner or later.

- KB's and BB's can still be sold, they just won't work on ships.
    - All terrain blocks (including ores) cannot be sold, as far as I know.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    It, was a mistake to 'lock' those items from selling.
    In the next release you can sell them again.

It was meant to block specific ores, but something went wrong.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Alright, thank you for the fast response! :) So, do I wait for a next release or just try something else rather than salvaging or mining?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Alright, thank you for the fast response! :) So, do I wait for a next release or just try something else rather than salvaging or mining?
    Salvaging, mining, and spawning in blocks are the only options to obtain terrain blocks currently. So best thing is to just wait, but I got impatient and started admining in some blocks :p