Cannot launch Sandbox mode

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, new to the game, looks fun, but I can't get into Sandbox mode for singleplayer. Every time I try to launch it, I end up with "ConnectException: Connection Refused: Connect, failed to connect to "localhost:4242" Either server is down, blocking, or the address is wrong!"

So far, I have no idea what to do for it, it's driving me up a wall and making me wanna tear my hair out!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was getting the same error. It occured when I would try to play singleplayer in sandbox. I found that going to the multiplayer bubble directly below that, and using the settings \"localhost:4242\" it allowed me to play. Hope that works for you two.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    So, wait, you are trying to start singleplayer by going through your local server? Obvious answer to that. Unless you are running a dedicated server through your computer, which is accomplished by choosing the option on the launchers main window, choosing the localhost:4242 will connect to nothing. Just make sure that the bubble next to singleplayer is chosen, your options are what you want them to be, then press OK at the bottom.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    even when i make absolutely sure the multiplayer bubble isnt selected it still trys to go to that port when i click ok

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Um, I select sandbox under single player, and it attempts to launch localhost:4242. I don\'t touch the multiplayer box during that time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The same thing is happening to me. I completely avoid the multiplayer bubble and the n the game tries tries launching under localhost:4242

Reaction score
    Same thing for me. It says my client into allowed on this server but my client is the most up to date and the server is an older version even though I had only selected the singleplayer bubble and selected sandbox. I have tried reinstalling and everything but it refuses to let me play singleplayer.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I can\'t play Singleplayer either, as for the port stuff;

It starts a local server and connects you to it in order to play singleplayer, no fix or go-around method has been found to my knowlage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have exactly the same problem. I tried reinstalling a couple of times. Tried to connect to my own ip instead of the localhost variable. Tried allocating more (2048 mb) memory. Tried on both C: and D:. Nothing seems to help. This is a serious issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The update fixed it for me, good job! What about you guys?

Reaction score
    What i do is start the launcher twice. First one to launch dedicated server, and second to join multiplayer game on localhost that is pre-selected. It just works. If doesn\'t, you would propably see the server tell you some errors.

Also joining own dedicated server as localhost, and alone can be considered offline playing. You can completely detach your network cable and it would still get in the game.

You could also check if you have some firewalls or antivirus blocking the process.