Cannot install StarMade (resolved)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Eveytime I try to start the StarMade Starter I get an error that says it cannot connect to the network. I have tried reinstalling it several times but it doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

Reaction score
    What file are you using exactly?

Do you have a firewall that is blocking the program?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t think that my firewall is blocking but the error message appears the instant the startup opens. By the way, could you elaborate on what you meant by file? Sorry, im just not sure what you meant by \"what file are you using\".

Reaction score
    What file are you running to launch the game? How are you starting it? Where does it exist?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The file is the one you get from the download page on this website, the starter im supposed to open to install starmade or something like that.

It\'s in my downloads folder. Unless im missing something, I have no idea why nothing is installing/working.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, to elaborate on what happens when I click the start up launcher thing, launcher V9 appears but so does an error message that says: \"SocketException:Network is unreachable:connect\". Any idea what I have to do to make this work?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, I manually downloaded the latest build and put it in the same directory as the launcher and it seems to work now. Still can\'t connect to the network (error message still appears) but hey, at least I can play it now.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It will not let me go on it. Whenever I go on to the launcher a message comes up saying Socket exeption:permisson denied:connect!! Any suggestions?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The launcher seems to not have permission to access the internet. Are you using a proxy? Is the outgoing traffic blocked by a firewall/anti-malware-program? Try running the launcher as admin, if you still don\'t have the permission, a proxy or external firewall is blocking.