Cannot get back into my ship

Reaction score
    My ship keeps moving just before I get back into it. I cannot explain it. It moves just out of range and when I go to get it, it moves to another location. Any ideas.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Build a tiny ship (one core should do the trick) and maneuver out in front of the ship that continues to move. Bang into it a couple of times from the front, to make sure it will stop. You might even consider entering the big ship with the tiny single-block ship. Once inside, you should be able to abandon the single-block ship and move about the cabin normally. I highly recommend aligning yourself with the ship. I think you can align yourself with the ship by simply pressing space while looking at a nearby block. You can also align yourself with the ship by activating an on-board gravity block if the ship has one.

Reaction score
    I created a one man ship but it will not let me get close enough before it moves. It will come back but it will always be the same distance away. As soon as press the button to move to it it will move. Its funny that it seems like someone is controlling it and just messing with me. I know its not but I have 100,000,000 worth of loot on this salvage ship so I need to get back on it. Great idea if it will let me get close enough.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    What might have happened is it ended up on a sector boundary. If you are in singleplayer, use Tab-f8 to get inside. If you are on a server, try asking an admin to help.

Reaction score
    I will give it a shot. Thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1426720314,1426720217][/DOUBLEPOST]It works thanks. For those having a similar problem make sure you go to your nav and click on the ship you want to get back in. Thanks again

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I had the same problem once. Apparently the ship was in the rotating coordinate system of a nearby planet. It was impossible to stop the ship with another one, but the moving ship was just a ghost copy of the real ship which stood still in a neighbouring sector.