Cannot connect to servers

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Earlier today I decided to start looking for a Starmade server. I found one and attempted to connect using the IP listed, however it got stuck at connecting to ipaddress:4242 and eventually failed. I tried this with multiple servers and connecting to all of them failed, so it must be on my end. I used the StarMade system checker and have uploaded the result. It says I have java 6 or lower, however I have JDK 8 Upd. 51 64-bit installed. I couldn't seem to find the JRE if that's what I need, but I don't think that's the issue as anything requiring Java runs just fine. Starmade works in singleplayer mode well and I can start the dedicated server and connect to localhost:4242 just fine. This issue is unique to Starmade - any other game I play on I can connect to any server and play for long amounts of time, so it isn't my internet.

Edit: Found and installed JRE 8 Upd. 51 64-bit, and still nothing. Also interesting: https://gyazo.com/c7bd4642093f5ad9e7d6b0f67dbd5a2d. I'm not sure if the server list built into the launcher works, but it reported 84 timeouts and loaded 19 servers but didn't show any of them.

Interesting development: I can successfully ping the IPs of the servers I was attempting to connect to via the windows command prompt.

Attachments

Last edited: