Cannon/Explosive Viability

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, so, I'm beginning to redesign my turrets from the ground up. But I am wondering, we talked a lot about explosive, but in your opinion, Lecic, is it worth it in your mind to even stick with the explosive effect in terms of block destruction, or do the other effects still outclass it?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well, so, I'm beginning to redesign my turrets from the ground up. But I am wondering, we talked a lot about explosive, but in your opinion, Lecic, is it worth it in your mind to even stick with the explosive effect in terms of block destruction, or do the other effects still outclass it?
    I would say that versus fighters, explosive is definitely worth it, because they have thin armor and are very thin in general. Explosive is much less likely to overpenetrate, a major concern with firing on small targets.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    But say I want my cruiser (~250 m length) to be able to engage similarly sized vessels as well. Should I vary the kinds of turrets I include? Maybe include a few ion cannon turrets to help with the reduced shield damage done?

My initial idea for the cruiser was to have it bristling with turrets, so that it could engage many smaller vessels at once with ease. (Relative ease of course. Everything's relative between players in this game) But also in the event that I'm engaging a ship similarly sized and classed, I hoped that the many weapon fixtures would make it able to perform well in that regard as well.

Is that realistic with lots of explosive turrets, or like I said, do you think I should mix and match?

Reaction score
    Probably be best to mix an match. Have powerful, slow firing large turrets facing your engagement side (usually the front) and set up for super firing (google it) and set their bobby's to only fire on your target. Have a handful of smaller, faster firing turrets, spread them around your ship, try to get as much coverage and as much overlap as possible to take out fighters.

Also be good to have an array of anti missile turrets. These also need to have a lot of overlap, but probably focus them towards the direction you expect the missiles to come from

Reactions: Master_Artificer