can you change your max credits on sandbox mode?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    No. The max credits limit is there because it is the largest number Java can take.
    (Don't quote me on this, I'm only 90% sure.)

Reactions: Elit3

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    from what I've seen no it isn't but if you are trying to buy a ship then just use the command /spawn_mobs_line (ship name) (faction ID) (amount of ships wanted)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    from what I've seen no it isn't but if you are trying to buy a ship then just use the command /spawn_mobs_line (ship name) (faction ID) (amount of ships wanted)
    Or /load nameofshipincatalog whatyouwantshiptobecalled

Reaction score
    Thank you guys. I downloaded a ship that is over the max.... pisses me off

Reaction score
    I wonder if they could use something like the platinum/gold/silver/copper system used in most fantasy games (just with more high-tech space names for the denominations ;)).... if you set it so that one billion "copper" converted to one "silver," a billion "silver" became one "gold," and so on, that would expand the credit limit to an astronomically ridiculous amount ^_^

Reactions: DarthHonky
    Reaction score
    No. The max credits limit is there because it is the largest number Java can take.
    it's not the max number java can take, it's the max value on a 32 bit signed integer. (2.14 billion)

there are also things like 64 bit integers, which would be able to hold values up to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 (signed)

and if you really NEED more numbers, there is even stuff like a big integer, that can hold an technically unlimited number (it depends on how much ram you have)

Reaction score
    Minecraft has this same issue. When you pass the Java floater point limit (2.14 Billion) the game becomes incredibly unstable.

Reaction score
    Minecraft has this same issue. When you pass the Java floater point limit (2.14 Billion) the game becomes incredibly unstable.
    thats because if you try to put a number larger then roughly 2.14 billion in a signed 32-bit int it will start spitting out semi random numbers, numbers the game might not expect/be able to handle

Reaction score
    thats because if you try to put a number larger then roughly 2.14 billion in a signed 32-bit int it will start spitting out semi random numbers, numbers the game might not expect/be able to handle
    Exactly.

Reaction score
    fairly sure the starmade universe isn't unlmited either, if you go far enough out weird stuff starts happening

Reaction score
    Like what? Is it kind of like the Far Lands in Minecraft?
    At some point (thousands of sectors out, not even millions) sectors start to be in the same location, so you could be in several sectors at the same time (they overlap, it's weird) (more info: http://www.reddit.com/r/Starmade/comments/1p01gl/wormholes_do_already_exist_and_its_a_bad_thing/) they stack up to 8 times (so 8 sectors can be in the same place at once)

and if you go past 2.14 billion, you just end up at the other side i believe.

Reaction score
    Mowa2
    I'd bet that would get very strange, very fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    People that can teleport, it would take months/years to fly that far
    Good point. I hardly ever teleport, I don't have the need to. But that makes sense. Also, I suppose there are those people who wonder what actually happens when you go too far.