Can we Have More Detailed Update Information?

How detailed do you think the update information should be?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, I don't know about you but I like to keep up with the development process of games I'm playing, for the sake of preparation, and so I can give feedback. I'm not even talking about a full changelog or anything, just a post on some of the larger things that are being worked on in current dev builds. Maybe we could have a section of the forums where a new thread would be created every time a new dev build was being worked on. Each thread would talk about the main things that are being changed, and we could give better feedback than we currently are now.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This thread seems to be serving that purpose: http://starmadedock.net/threads/release-notes-for-the-dev-build.820/

...However, yeah, I'd like to see some "milestone" builds that have a semi-changelog of all the major features to test, kind of like a more irregular version of the Minecraft weekly snapshots. And the occasional status update (Rather like what was given in a post in the first page of that thread) is always nice to have.

Reactions: 1adog1
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like some mystery and it's more fun not to know what you're in for with an update, hence I went for the last option ;)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I like some mystery and it's more fun not to know what you're in for with an update, hence I went for the last option ;)
    At this stage of development, I'd rather know. Once the game has all of the core features it needs to be a fun, satisfying, full game, a little mystery about new features isn't bad, however.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    well, if we are talking about full releases for the game, it has to be the more complex it can without enter in the programming bits too much. If we gonna talk about periodic updates, it should be focused on the theme with basic to detailed information based on the subject. if we gonna talk about dev builds, it should be the more simple talk, like major bugs smashed and things add see the rest in game.