Can someone Help me with java please.

Reaction score
    I have downloaded the game on steam and non-steam. Its telling me to download java. Done that, still telling me to do it. Done it again and again and again. And it still telling me to install java ;-;.

Yes I'm on a mac

Reaction score
    You may need to reboot your machine to complete the install, or at the very least try logging off and back on again.

When you install Java it usually adds itself to your PATH variable which is only read when you first log on. This definitely the case for Linux and Windows and likely the case for MacOS as well, but since it's been a few years since I have worked with a MacOS I'm hesitant to say that is 100% the issue.

Another thing to test if it still doesn't work after a reboot is to open a terminal (Applications\Utilities\Terminal) and type "java -version" (without the quotation marks) and check that it tells you which version of java is installed. If you are given a response about the command not found or similar, there is a problem with your java installation.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Download the JDK instead of the JRE. For some reason certain OSX versions have trouble detecting the JRE if no JDK is present.