Can not join any servers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi,so I'm fairly new to the game,and I recently tried joining a public server for the first time and failed,I know that I can join Private (Hamachi) servers and I can play singleplayer but whenever I try to join a public server the following error occurs:

(The server address is just deleted with paint)

I have tried 20+ different servers that have been claimed to be online by other websites,and I have tried joining with number form ips like 123.234.345:4242 and also with names Starmade.org:4242 and so on,I have tried disabling all firewalls and I have tried forwarding ports to see if it made an effect,

Any ideas?

(Also btw,I only have played the game for like 3-4 days so I have no idea if the fault lies in the current update or what not but yeah...Just started playing and never could join a server)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this isn\'t a bug since I think It might be a thing with me or something outside the game is causing the issue,I have heard alot about the 4242 port being blocked and et cetera and I thought that somebody could try to help me with that,I have done everything that has been suggested to me and If anybody is interested in trying to figure this out with me and help me then please PM me.

Reaction score
    I’m having the same problem LowerFlowerPower, and so far no one has really answered any of my questions. Unfortunately this game is rather buggy at the moment which is understandable due to it being an alpha, but it seems this is a rare problem and those having it are getting buried under the more pressing issues, like bugs that don’t allow a person to play the game at all.

I would really like to try this game online but I cant at the moment, im just trying to be patient. I have tried every trick iv learned over the years to get this to work but it acts like its being blocked somehow, I have dropped all my computers defenses just to get this to work and it still wont connect. I even tried uninstalling my anti-virus program, nothin.

Every single game I have ever had a problem like this has worked after dropping all firewalls or hooking directly into the modem, but this one still refuses to allow me access to outside servers, that tells me its probably something wrong with the game so it may be a bug. If its not then the program still needs work to make it more user friendly by release otherwise its not gonna get a lot of attention.

So im sure they will fix it some day but it might take a while, when they fix this issue im definitely buying the game, I like it a lot.

P.S. You could try making a server of your own and see if a friend can connect to it, if they can then you will know its probably a problem with the game. I dont have any friends that are interested in the game so I cant test it myself.