Bug Can no longer long onto server after making a uplink account.

Reaction score
    Hi, so i was playing no a server with np, then i thought about using the uplink, so i did, after doing that i can log onto starmade.ore just fine but i cant log into the game anymore, im getting this,

Server Reject:this login name is protected on this server.

you either aren't logged in via iplink or the protected name belongs to another user!
    PLeas use the "uplin" menu to authenticate this name.
    Wish i have done. i see that a lot of ppl are having this people but never seem to say how they fixed it, ive reinstalling starmad. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You may consider drinking less to solve your problem.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    That is weird.
    It should only happen if the Username you are using belongs to an already uplinked player account. It is what protects your stuff from others players.
    Did you try to login with a new different name ? (if that doesnt work its most likely a server side problem then)
    If you can give somekind of prove to the servers admin he might use the following command to remove the protection
    • player_unprotect
      • DESCRIPTION: removes protection of a playername with its star-made.org account name
      • PARAMETERS: PlayerName(String)
      • EXAMPLE: /player_unprotect schema

Reaction score
    That is weird.
    It should only happen if the Username you are using belongs to an already uplinked player account. It is what protects your stuff from others players.
    Did you try to login with a new different name ? (if that doesnt work its most likely a server side problem then)
    If you can give somekind of prove to the servers admin he might use the following command to remove the protection
    • player_unprotect
      • DESCRIPTION: removes protection of a playername with its star-made.org account name
      • PARAMETERS: PlayerName(String)
      • EXAMPLE: /player_unprotect schema
    hi, and thanks for getting back to me. And yes i have tryed logging into a differnt name and it worked fine.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422180622,1422180513][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You may consider drinking less to solve your problem.
    Funny guy here, sorry my English is not as good as you would like it, did u every think i my have a problem ?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    so basicaly someone else with uplinked account might have logged in with your user name .. that would be the easiest explanation.
    in that case only the the server admins can remove that protection with the given command

you can try to use Tools -> clear client cache ... but i do not think that this solves the problem

Reaction score
    Hmm ok, well this sucks the admin can do anything on there end, and this had been going on for three days, guess im done playing starmade.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    He can not do anything (is that what you wanted to say?) ?
    So he doesnt believe you than that it is your ingame name ? Then i am sorry we probably cant do anything about that.
    You would have to start over somewhere else with being authentified at login you should not loose access then again.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Not sure if it would help any, but I was trying to help him last night.
    From what I can tell, he uplinked his account himself to take advantage of the protection, using his email, and then couldn't authenticate afterwards.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    And yes i have tryed logging into a differnt name and it worked fine.
    he claims that it works with a different name .. so i did assume it works as intended. except of course when the new name was without uplink (which i hope is not the case)