can i made missile go faster ?

Reaction score
    How to make Missiles go faster?
    First, you need to understand that the speed of Missiles is based on the maximum speed of the server, so you have two options:
    1. Edit Server.cfg and increase your THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT. This will make all weapons travel faster AND increase your ship's speed limit.
    2. Edit the BlockBehaviorConfig.xml (located in your StarMade\Data\Config directory). In here you can tweak everything about all your weapons. The default "DumbMissile" speed is '2'. This is 200% of your THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT. Set this to anything over 1.

Have fun!

[edit: Thank you Lt_Duckweed for pointing out the error!]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Another good option is to add a laser as a slave system, by making a laser system as well, pressing T and dragging laser computer onto missile one. (with 1:1 ratio you will have double speed, and lockon)

Reaction score
    Good point Commodore. I was assuming the OP had already gone through the weapon options and was wanting further speed improvements!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How to make Missiles go faster?
    First, you need to understand that the speed of Missiles is based on the maximum speed of the server, so you have two options:
    1. Edit Server.cfg and increase your THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT. This will make all weapons travel faster AND increase your ship's speed limit.
    2. Edit the BlockBehaviorConfig.xml (located in your StarMade\Data\Config directory). In here you can tweak everything about all your weapons. The default "DumbMissile" speed is '2'. This is 2% of your THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT. Set this to anything between 0 and 100.

Have fun!
    Actually it is 2 times your speed limit. So if your speed limit is 200, the missile will travel at 400.

Reaction score
    Dang it your right! I was going from memory, I knew I should have checked the config.

Code:
    <Speed>4</Speed> <!-- In relation % to server max speed  1 = 100% -->