can i edit jump drive distance for my server?

Reaction score
    so me and my friends were playing on the ElwynEternity server before switching to our own rented server, and one thing i found different was that on that server, a jump would take us around 150 km per jump, while on my server, it only takes us around 17-20 km. anyway to change this? i have messed with the server.cfg and changed a bunch of stuff to our favor, but i cannot find an option in there to change jump distance, if that is even possible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Blockconfig would be my guess. I don't think so Starhaiden, I have expanded sector size and barely make it a sector or two when jumping. Then again, I have not done any actual testing.

Reaction score
    data/config/blockBehaviorConfig.xml
    can you be a little more specific? i am looking in the file, under the jumpdrive section (duh) however i do not know which of the values to change, or what to change them to.

<RatioNeededToTotalBlockCount>0.05</RatioNeededToTotalBlockCount><ChargeNeededForJump>230000</ChargeNeededForJump><ChargeNeededForJumpPerBlock>1200</ChargeNeededForJumpPerBlock>
    <!-- (in drive module blocks) added to <chargeNeededForJump> -->
    <ChargeNeededForJumpPerBlockAfterRatioMet>1</ChargeNeededForJumpPerBlockAfterRatioMet>
    <!-- (in drive module blocks for every block after ratio is met -->
    <ReloadMsAfterUseMs>10</ReloadMsAfterUseMs><ChargeAddedPerSecond>10000</ChargeAddedPerSecond><ChargeAddedPerSecondPerBlock>50</ChargeAddedPerSecondPerBlock>
    <!-- (in drive module blocks) -->
    <DistanceInSectors>8</DistanceInSectors>

is it any of these?

Reaction score
    That one should do it. Note that this will be reset on each update—I don't know if injection (which would be update-proof) is possible with that file.
    changed it from 8 to 100, but did not seem to do anything, thanks anyways though.

Reaction score
    That one should do it. Note that this will be reset on each update—I don't know if injection (which would be update-proof) is possible with that file.
    well, i just now noticed who i was replying to :rolleyes: does this file actually affect my server, or only the single player? we are all on the server getting pretty tired of only being able to jump 15 km :( i opened the file, changed the value to 100, saved and closed the file, did i do something wrong, or does that file simply not affect my server? i think im repeating myself a bit right now.

Reaction score
    I you are editing the file on the server installation, it will affect the server.

Reaction score
    im not sure how to do that, the server is a rented from Thesmelter, and as far as i could see, i was not given the option to change anything.
    I don't know, I'm not familiar with this. I'm guessing you have the option to get file access somewhere, that is what you need.

Reaction score
    im not sure how to do that, the server is a rented from Thesmelter, and as far as i could see, i was not given the option to change anything.
    A lot of rented servers grant FTP access. If yours does, download the file from the server, change what you wanted, upload it back, and restart the server.

Reaction score
    A lot of rented servers grant FTP access. If yours does, download the file from the server, change what you wanted, upload it back, and restart the server.
    would you mind elaborating on this? would i have to do it through the website/control panel of my server? and is FTP the same as the file Schema suggested?

Reaction score
    I looked up the place you said you have hosting with and on the main site it says full control available. FTP etc..
    Get a free FTP app, Filezilla would work fine, find out from your host help area or server info, or email them about the FTP info. You can then connect to the host and view all files like they are on your computer. Download what you want to modify using the FTP program, change it, upload it back (overwrite), and restart server to make new settings active.

Reactions: PizzaPress