Can anyone make a Qubicle converter into Blueprints?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey everyone! I just learned of a program called Qubicle and it's a fantastic, easy-to-use Voxel based modelling program.

This would be FANTASTIC for people to make huge ships. I know there would be some issues with weapon systems and such - but perhaps those things should be ignored? For the amount of time using this program would save, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of an issue to put in simple things like controllers and systems.

This would make building huge ships so much easier. You could really go to town on your creativity to see what you could come up with, without having to risk slowly deleting cubes or re-buying things you missed.

Issues I can see arising with this:

• No corner / slanted blocks. I'm ok with this - again, things you can add on later.
    • Any form of systems - I wouldn't mind putting these on afterwards as well.
    • Turrets / Docking - same as above
    • Ship Core - I would guess you'd just have to assign a colour for that block and make sure you remember to put that coloured block somewhere in your ship otherwise it'd create an error when trying to convert.
    • Block types - There would probably have to be a list of spesific colours that translate into spesific blocks.

So, do you think this would be useful? I would personally use this all the time. It wouldn't break the game or make anyone "OP" as the cost from the shop would be the same as if it were built normally.

Can anyone do this? Does anyone know of something that can do this? I would appreciate feedback on this :)

Thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I note that Qubicle will export OBJ files. The Offline Ship Editor will import OBJ files and write blueprints. There are some kinks I\'m working through. It depends on how well behaved the OBJ files are that the source program writes.

Give it a try. If there are kinks, post sample files that don\'t work to the editor thread and I\'ll see if I can fix them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks a bunch jjaquinta!

I\'ll start having a play with it sometime and keep you posted if I have any issues :).