calvireain industries, ships that will blow your competition away.

Reaction score
    alright now i haven't really started building my dream ships yet, because i don't exactly know where to start. but i have drawings of the ships i would like to build.
    i am basically asking for builders to help me construct these
    first off the capital that i aspire to build

and from the side
    its base stats
    length 402,696,000 meters
    with 1,966,000 meters
    height 158,000 meters
    10000 hanger space
    next is the singularity ship
    base stats
    length 48,280 meters
    with 40,234 meters
    hight 16,093 meters
    no hanger

more to come

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Erm, how much RAM do you have? Because those are some pretty impressive stats. I ran into some problems with a base only 5km across that I eventually scrapped because symmetry wasn't working. Also, do you know how much time that's going to take to make, and make it look good? Answer: Several milennia, if you're skylord luke.

Reaction score
    Those are some intense states. Multiple sectors long and wide. In fact this ship would be over 2000 solar systems long in the server I'm on...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, you can recruit RAM now?
    And people won't want to help you unless you prove that you are capable of pulling your own weight. I'd start off with a few much smaller ships, then show off with a ship that's 300-500m long.

Reaction score
    OK those stats are not possible. you are talking about a ship that will be the size of a galaxy (or close to it) in game even if you had a team of 100 skilled builders it would take years not to mention the game would probably crash after 10k let alone 100k

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I can attest to the impossibility of this. Let me put it this way. I have personally loaded in some of the largest ships in Starmade. For most players, the max is around 1 km, or 1000 meters. At this point the game looses considerable frames on any computer. Now even if you cannot render an entire ship, the game will still recognize its physics and those blocks will be a part of its structure.

I tried a very skinny 5 km tall ship. At this point I was down to under 20 fps for most of the time I was looking at it. The entire ship could not even be rendered and I could not see more than half of it at a time, skinny as it was. Here is video proof.

Now while I can turn of fancy graphics settings, there is no way to go beyond the 20,000 segment limit. No matter what, I can only load so much of a structure at once.

Much later I spawned in a 5 km long carrier and it was a beefier ship than before. To give you an idea here is an image of the full model followed by the command bridge that I loaded in-game. The command bridge is located about 2/3 the way down its length.

This ship broke the game. Multiple times it would fail to render segments that were right in front of me and it would even cause the ship to flicker in and out of view. Starmade crashed and I despawned it after I loaded it up again.

The comments above are right. You're trying for something much to large, impractical and impossible. A galaxy with default settings is 10,240,000 meters across. The stats on your first ship make it 40 galaxies long! Save yourself the time and start off with something manageable!

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    In addition to what everyone else is saying, it's not only an impossible ship, but it would be impractical. Gathering the resources to make that on a survival server would be largely impractical. It would take centuries. I believe the meta is going to shift more towards smaller, but still efficient ships, instead of what is currently seen.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So, how do you plan to contain the thousands of suns that will end up clipping with your ship without taking any damage?

Looks nice though, but I strongly suggest a realistic scale.

Reaction score
    Judging by your pictures that ship seems like it'd be 300m or so, tops. Probably smaller. The front part looks more like a cockpit than a bridge and the size of various details makes it seem more like 50-100m.

Reaction score
    1. you have not met me so ill smile and nod but the ship you see there is multiversal fleet and is the distance from the earth to the moon at its farthest point in orbit that's how i came up with such a strange number for its length
    2.it is the forward observation deck the bridge is in a more battle hardened area in the neck of the ship
    3. i will down scale untill of corse starmade decides to fit MC sized cube worlds in then i shall build full sized also of coarse scaling the rest of the universe to fit

i am saying 64,000km^3

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Starmade will never have instanced planets you know, Schema himself is against that idea. You're asking for planets that are comparable to the size of a galaxy, have you any idea how annoying that would be to fly around? How fast the game would have to load in order to even get a 'decent' speed compared to then?

So into your configs and set the planet size to something like 500-750 radius, that's probably as big as I expect the default planets to get (much later, with lots of optimizing). Scale your ship based off that.

It's better to base your dimensions on ingame mechanics, rather than real life.

Reaction score
    alright so lets get numbers out lets scale them down 80% who would be interested then

Reaction score
    Scale it down to about .00001% of the 80% scaled down version and you have something to work with.

Might I suggest 2013 x 983 x 79 . It keeps the ratio of the dimensions but its scaled down to a somewhat usable size (though I've never used a ship that large, but I assume its possible)

Reaction score
    alright i dredged up some more ships ...sadly they are all large units but ill post the pics and see what you guys think they should be

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    alright i dredged up some more ships ...sadly they are all large units but ill post the pics and see what you guys think they should be

You seem to be pretty good at drawing sketches by hand. Nice sketches!

Reaction score
    Scale it down to about .00001% of the 80% scaled down version and you have something to work with.

Might I suggest 2013 x 983 x 79 . It keeps the ratio of the dimensions but its scaled down to a somewhat usable size (though I've never used a ship that large, but I assume its possible)
    2km ships are rare but not unheard of. It's certainly doable if you invest the time, although personally I'd say 1km to 1.5km is the most you'd wanna go.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8

How many parsecs are these across?

Reaction score
    if you look closely at mu poast i say " you tell me"
    but for the sheild dome ship no more then 500m