Call me when you get the rails fixed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I've had enough of re-running my wireless connections, re-docking everything, and even reworking logic for undocumented changes. I imagine it's a great update, too bad all I've done since it's release is try to fix things.

Reaction score
    As far as I know, wireless connections should only have to be remade once. Alpha game is alpha, things like to break in the updates sometimes, but at least you dont have to throw away everything and start from nothing (not even a settings file) like another game I know.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sorry you bought an alpha game.
    Good thing he didn't buy it :)

He knows it's alpha - that's how he got to the forums. And, to be honest, these rail fixes should have been in a hotfix the next day. It's really, REALLY annoying to have to redo my logic systems every week. And when I say redo, I mean completely delete the system and start from scratch. If I leave the blocks in the same spot they refuse to work.

The OP has a point and we shouldn't beat on him for it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The new update has quite a few fixes. Rails run a lot smoother for me now

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The new update has quite a few fixes. Rails run a lot smoother for me now
    We've found a few interesting manual fixes, most of which involve replacing the entire system before it works again. That said, it seems fairly random which rails work and which don't upon spawn. It's really weird.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Y
    We've found a few interesting manual fixes, most of which involve replacing the entire system before it works again. That said, it seems fairly random which rails work and which don't upon spawn. It's really weird.
    Yes, I'm thinking the HP calculation of the rails might have interfered with some systems

Reactions: Mered4
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I acknowledge that the game is in an alpha test, but bugs affecting the rail and logic system are particularly frustrating to deal with. We spend a lot of additional time trying to determine if the issue is caused by mistakes in our circuit layouts before being able to conclude that it is a problem with the game code. We spend even more time finding work-arounds upon discovering the bugs. Then we end up repeating the whole thing over again each time one of the rail bugs rears up again. The bugs are much too common at present and my own frustration with dealing with these issues has reached a tipping point; which is why I posted this. I'm not knocking the game, I'm simply saying I'd rather wait until they get it fixed before continuing (and hopefully make it more of a priority given the devious nature of the bugs.)

I purchased the game ages ago, by the way - it's the kind of game that's worth supporting. I'm less interested in forum badges, is all. ;)