Calbirian Swarms Combat Trials Microships

Reaction score
    Welcome Stardwellers!
    Our last combat trials was a success (in that we stressed the server found some performance issue schema now knows about it)
    I enjoyed seeing all the capital ship designs, but now i think we need to go to the opposite extreme, so this coming weekend I will be hosting another Combat Trials, this time featuring...
    wait for it...
    Microships!
    So this saturday at noon pacific standard time, please come to the Calbirian Swarm Databank server @ 71.197.140.71:4242
    The microships you bring should all be under 5 mass, yes this is a huge constraint, but constraints foster inovations, so bring your innovative 5 mass (or under) designs and come have a go at some micro dogfighting (dont worry, ill keep all larger ships off the server)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    5 mass?? I\'d like to participate just so that I could test out my latest compact design but I have no idea if my ship is under \"5 mass\" haha
    Oh and I forgot to mention; I\'m kinda new around here =D

Reaction score
    You can check your mass in build mode, look at the top center screen, second row down, it lists your thrust and mass

Reaction score
    Yes, they are only limited to 5 mass, unless I\'m missing some vital problem? If you have a suggestion for another needed limit to make this fun, do tell, i would like this to go smoothly.

Reaction score
    I\'ll just arm a pod with a flyswatter. That ought to do it :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I had planned some turret or two for the fighter, it would instantly destroy other fighters, so I would add a restriction to no turrets (since they have their own mass, not increasing the home ship\'s mass).

No turrets, smaller than 5 mass.

Are missiles ok to be used ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    all the DremWord ships i have are small ill check there masses and modify 1 ith better weapons probibly a mog or carbuncle

Reaction score
    OK, policy change------- since turrets don\'t currently count towards mass, plus the some other issues (poor ai control, or player control being separate from the main ship)

NO turrets, sorry guys, maybe once these 3 problems get tweaked we can do a microship w/turret gathering

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Unfortunately it looks like I won\'t be able to make it; if anyone wants to they finish up my cube at 2 2 2 or was it 3 2 2? All it needs is two layers of hull. Ship name being 626 because Calbiri orignally killed \"Bob.\"

Reaction score
    Apparently
    apparently there wasnt that much interest in doing mircoships today, thanks to those who showed up, ill try this particular format again in the future, maybe a little loser, like 10 mass?
    Anyways, im looking for ideas for neeks weeks Combat Trials, i was thinking 125-175 ship mass, any other suggestions?

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    That sounds good to me, I\'ll try to make it.

Might I recommend something else, something that could help bring members of the community together and foster some good rivalries in shipwrights and pilots? Have a specific team format, like a certain number of vessels for a certain weight, and have two teams go at it after building their vessels. If you want we could go ahead and have team members picked and the size of the battle set.
    I\'m thinking something like this maybe...
    2 teams of 4-5. One member has a capital vessel with a weight limit of 15,000, one has a battleship with a weight limit of 5,000, and the rest have a weight limit of about 1,000 as that seems to be a good weight for craft to be considerably lighter and more maneuverable, but still have the firepower to destroy heavier capital ships.

Of course, this would need quite a bit of time to set up, find team members that are sure they can be there, and to have everyone build their respective vessels... Maybe it will beready in two weeks if we start planning soon.

Reaction score
    I had the most fun doing the 5 mass dogfights. I thought they would be over very quickly as I am not the best at design, but nooo they lasted a lot longer than I expected. :) One really fun thing is you can build a ship, get killled and build a different design quicker than the combat portion. So design can evolve between the battle rounds. Will be doing this as long as I can reach my computer on the weekends. . :) Thank you Calbiri for hosting and taking vids, hope to see my glorious deaths soon. lol

Reaction score
    I\'m trying to make a video now, I\'m new at editing, so don\'t expect it to be perfect :P