Calbirian Swarm's Combat Trials 2/9/13

Reaction score
    In celebration of the launch of the CSS-Hangman
    http://starmade.org/content/css-hangman-fully-functional-capital-ship
    The Swarm is announcing it will attempt to host Combat Trials for all comers, on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013
    Please RSVP below if you are interesting in participating in the fun and helping promote this amazing game
    (this is my first attempt at this, if anyone wants to help with advise, expertise, organization or anything else, just say so and we'll see what we can do to pull this off)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Blitzwing will be there to celebrate and practice, of course!

Will we be given an infinite supply of credits with which to spawn our vessels with?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So we will be able to battle your maxed out ship ?

Sounds good for me, I have 2 days to finish my ship then... I had it paused for another technical issue, but I guess it can still work out.

But where will the battle be ? On your computer (as mentioned on the other thread) ?
    It could also be on the Infiniti server, since it\'s rig stats, summing up the currently 100 Mb/s i-net connection, sounds better than what most could offer. Anyway, some people won\'t be able to participate to that for the PC requirements needed to view several huge/maxed out ships, or for not setting the View Range and Max Segments in Graphic Memory to a number which their Graphic Cards can hold.

Maybe there can be a 2-3 rounds battle, one only for fighters so that the video shows how many people can fight at once, one of the big boys, and one mixed.

What should be noted is to try avoiding collisions between these ships...

Reaction score
    Ill try to hammer out the specifics today, but im thinking something like a Car show for ships before the combat trials, or have the display ships on the official server...
    Yes youll be able to fire on the Hangman, or slug it out if you want to bring your own goliath ship.
    Also the fighter, capital ship and melee battle sugestions sound like good idea,

• start with the fighter skirmish\'s,

• then allow the fighters to go after individual capital ships (all vs. one ?)

• then 1 on 1 fights between capital ships.
    (prefeably all this with 1 or more fraps running to compile a nice demo video for the game, ill also need help in that regards)

Reaction score
    I\'d love to see a capital ship battle. You\'ll probably want a faster server than the official one, and maybe allow players to start with outrageous sums of money so they can purchase ships at a whim. If the Hangman is as good as you\'ve designed it to be, this will be a pretty one-sided fight.

Reaction score
    Arrrrrr... Damn the missles and full speed ahead matey. Thy Bloody Mary may be up fer a scallywag.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh noes, the Bloody Mary comes in the game, then there will be some action over there :D

BTW, the event will be on Calbiri\'s computer, top edge personal computer, everyone will get the money they need to pick up their ship, and there will be something to do for both fighters and capital ships, so everyone is welcomed to this event !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    my computer\'s broken, I won\'t be able to get a replacement by then... :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Right, I remember now.

Anyway, Calbiri STILL didn\'t inform at about what hour will the event happen... and now is already Saturday :D
    I had to spend like an hour and half more at Crysis 3 beta, so that delays my ship even more.

Reaction score
    its friday here
    I was hoping to hear from scheman and beetle about when they can make it, but i suppose an arbitrary time of Noon
    Pacific Standard Time

Reaction score
    Server is set up, address is 71.197.140.71:4242
    it may be off/on before tomorrow, but its stable when its up and ill have it going for the trials tomorrow