Cal leaking things late at night

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    it is 5:49P.m for me so it is the afternoon and also it is spring for me

Reaction score
    YES. This would be the best thing ever.
    Well.
    Maybe the best thing since agriculture, or democracy, or modern medicine.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    it is 5:49P.m for me so it is the afternoon and also it is spring for me
    oh my god it doesn't even matter shut up

Is this the fabled all-blocks-rolled-into-a-single-type update or is it just an organizational change

Reaction score
    Looking at the numbers of each block, I think it's a store 5 blocks in one inventory space inventory change. Maybe I won't have to use a different account for each ship I build in singleplayer soon.

Reaction score
    omg howd i miss this in the chat? xD

thats an awesome solution! go schine team!

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think it is for blocks with different shapes of it.
    This is just pure awesome, especially now that there is basically all 5 forms for every single non-function block :D

The /giveid days in SP ship construction are over!

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Hm weird, didn't see anything like that in game. Probably some hidden dev feature.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What paint thing? Are you referring to the paint that gets used in the crafting system? If you are, it just is an ingredient.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is great, It looks like you still have to have each of a specific type of sub block though. They all have their quantities but stack onto a single item slot. I wonder if they'll merge other blocks as well. Like weapon computers take up a single inventory slot but you choose your active item.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My gosh, that's amazing... SCHEMA GIVE US NAO PLZ

...Anyway. This is a great feature, but, uh, how goes the universe update?

Reaction score
    for anyone wondering i can confirm this is in the latest dev build! and not some far off feature that will come eventually. its already here! :)

just a lil warning tho, this creates a lil bug in the current dev build where if you try and craft sub blocks (wedges ect) you lose most of your items becuase it dosnt deposit them properly in the split inventory slot. but no worries, its already been reported. (bug #1116) just letting you guys know in case your crafting in dev .1731

ok bug fixed. craft away! :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic and jayman38
    Reaction score
    I'm really liking the implications here for other block type stacking. Shields and chargers perhaps, or reactors and storage tanks?

This is great, It looks like you still have to have each of a specific type of sub block though. They all have their quantities but stack onto a single item slot. I wonder if they'll merge other blocks as well. Like weapon computers take up a single inventory slot but you choose your active item.
    I would think there are too many computers to stack them like this. They could probably stack them with their weapon type. That would eliminate computer clutter entirely, and make organizational sense. Why pull out all your missile/beam computers if all you want to build is a cannon?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm really liking the implications here for other block type stacking. Shields and chargers perhaps, or reactors and storage tanks?

I would think there are too many computers to stack them like this. They could probably stack them with their weapon type. That would eliminate computer clutter entirely, and make organizational sense. Why pull out all your missile/beam computers if all you want to build is a cannon?
    More stacking for related blocks would indeed be nice. So like the module/computer and other things (and yes, I know that's what you already said, I just wanted to clarify things for myself).