By the Creator, it's full of star!

Reaction score
    Well... not literally, but I wondered what that huge globe was on the map was. Out of curiosity, I took my newly built ship over there to find out. And... well...

So... if I approach any of the orbits in this system, will I end up fried? What's the range at which I can even approach this monstrosity?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Stars begin to melt your ship around a 3 sector radius from them so give them a wide berth.

You can approach planets fine though.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Blue Giants tend to have a 5 sector radius of death around them cutting off much of the system, by contrast the little stars tend to have a 1 to 2 sector burn range.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    To approach planets in the danger zone, stay in the shadow of the planet. It's like a hiiiighway to the DANGER ZONE!

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    To approach planets in the danger zone, stay in the shadow of the planet. It's like a hiiiighway to the DANGER ZONE!
    Strange I've never had much luck hiding in the shadow of a planet to avoid melting. O_O

Reaction score
    I don't think I'm even going to try and get close. I do like the view though, so I'll build a station at the edge of the system. Maybe with a big window so I can view the star from the comfort of my sleeping quarters. :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    My favorite thing to do is to park my HQ on the side of a Blue Giant opposite of spawn just so I can watch idiots burn trying to fly to my base. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Supposedly you can use asteroids to shield you..... Hollow out one and buid a ship in-side perhaps:?
    Difficult to move though

Reaction score
    The problem is not moving: It's keeping the asteroid shielding you, not clipping out of it, etc.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't think I'm even going to try and get close. I do like the view though, so I'll build a station at the edge of the system. Maybe with a big window so I can view the star from the comfort of my sleeping quarters. :)
    Careful. With the star taking up half the system with death zone, you won't be able to jump past it.

You build a station there, you will need to be very careful about leaving it. One absent minded jump and you're toast.

Reaction score
    No worries about that. I like plotting nav points under the cover of the radar jammer. Still... gigantic death zone... yikes...

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    No worries about that. I like plotting nav points under the cover of the radar jammer. Still... gigantic death zone... yikes...
    Oh trust me people underestimate the kill zone with those all the time. XD

Reaction score
    You know, I'd saw one of my favorite things about games like this -is- the views, and that is one amazing view.