Buying stations

Reaction score
    If this has been posted before, I couldn't find it with the Forum Search or Google.

The idea is pretty simple. Some way of purchasing stations in-game. Basically, I'd like to be able to create a massive stargate homebase station on my private server, then buy it into existence on a public server as my faction base. I'd much rather spend time getting credits so I can buy it several times than have to build the same station repeatedly - especially if it's as massive as mine will need to be.

At the moment, so far as I know, the only way to get stations onto servers is to have an admin import it to a sector for you. Is there a reason why this hasn't been implemented already?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I would love a way to buy a station, though it would be a little troublesome to go to a shop to buy it and be unable to move it.

Reaction score
    I would love a way to buy a station, though it would be a little troublesome to go to a shop to buy it and be unable to move it.
    I was thinking that, along with the box for naming your station, you get a box asking you which sector it should be placed in.

Obviously, it needs to block requests when there is something already there.

Reactions: RoyalWolfe

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    most likely when the new default stations are implemented we could get a proper way to buy and place stations.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was thinking that, along with the box for naming your station, you get a box asking you which sector it should be placed in.

Obviously, it needs to block requests when there is something already there.
    Yeah I could guess that could work. You should have to go to that sector first though and make a station that's only some kind of block that marks where you want it placed though, so you can't put it somewhere you haven't been to.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There are plans in place for this, but I wish Schema would implement them sooner than later...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    this is a really good idea, and maybe the reason it hasn't been addressed before is that no one really has brought it up before, it hasn't, even on the old site. I checked. there are several sugestions about ships being constructed via shipyard stations, but absolutely nothing on constructing the stations themselves.

I do agree we should have a marker based system to place and build stations. but maybe if this were done, instead of the station just poof there it is, appearing into full existence, it could perhaps need to be actually constructed and resources placed into some sort of hopper based inventory system.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    At the moment, so far as I know, the only way to get stations onto servers is to have an admin import it to a sector for you. Is there a reason why this hasn't been implemented already?
    It is implemented, kinda.
    You can make blueprints of stations using the /save command while having one selected and being in astronaut mode.
    And you can spawn those blueprints in again using the spawn commands.
    However, they do not show up in the catalog(but still are in the file structure and loaded).
    All that needs to be done is some UI-code.

Lastly:

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm not against the concept of more practical transfer of station designs, but what this game really doesn't need at the moment is another mechanic where you pay a sum of credits for the instant creation of a structure. Implement it in a way that requires autmated builder drones, materials and construction time and I couldn't be happier, but make it as disastrous as the current blueprint system, and I'd prefer you hadn't.

Reaction score
    I'm not against the concept of more practical transfer of station designs, but what this game really doesn't need at the moment is another mechanic where you pay a sum of credits for the instant creation of a structure. Implement it in a way that requires autmated builder drones, materials and construction time and I couldn't be happier, but make it as disastrous as the current blueprint system, and I'd prefer you hadn't.
    The current blueprint system is a placeholder, and how disastrous it is has more to do with how credits work than the instant creation of ships. I'd be all for what you're proposing, if we already had some means of buying stations in place.

Fair enough?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Old. It is going to be added. It was said so during the station contest. There will station blueprints (which were going to work like the ship blueprints but then for stations).

Edit: How they are going to work actually isn't known, it is however known that there will be an easier save/load for stations.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Old. It is going to be added. It was said so during the station contest. There will station blueprints (which were going to work like the ship blueprints but then for stations).
    Thanks for the information. As I said though, it didn't appear on any searches I did.

Would you mind giving a link?

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wait, what.

The blueprint system isn't a disaster - I already spent hours slaving away at my ship in singleplayer. I want to be able to spawn it in in multi to show off without much extra hassle - after all, I slaved away for days or hours to finish it.

And I can share it with friends because of the blueprints. What more do ya want?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Until you can buy with blocks without running out of inventory space and update existing ships it is much of a hassle playing with it on servers where you are not admin.

Maybe not a disaster, but far from perfect. If you think StarMade is good now. you can smell it's potential everytime you get an idea of how to do it better.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel the need to add one bonus, yet unrelated thing, to this discussion. Since there will be a default station folder, you will be able to change the default stations!

Reaction score
    I feel the need to add one bonus, yet unrelated thing, to this discussion. Since there will be a default station folder, you will be able to change the default stations!
    Ooooooohhhhhh

Default stargate stations!

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wait, what.

The blueprint system isn't a disaster - I already spent hours slaving away at my ship in singleplayer. I want to be able to spawn it in in multi to show off without much extra hassle - after all, I slaved away for days or hours to finish it.

And I can share it with friends because of the blueprints. What more do ya want?
    A concept of infrastructure. Creating a ship from an established design should require materials, construction time and the resources to defend the construction site. Just because you've designed a ship it shouldn't be freely available to you at all times. I'm all for the transfer of ship designs between servers, but having the design should not equal having a ship.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A concept of infrastructure. Creating a ship from an established design should require materials, construction time and the resources to defend the construction site. Just because you've designed a ship it shouldn't be freely available to you at all times.
    I didn't design it. I designed, built, tested, rebuilt, re-tested, and christened it.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Doesn't matter. That was in another universe, resources shouldn't transfer over any more than, say, your inventory or your admin privileges.