Buying Station BPs

Reaction score
    So we dicussed in public chat, and the only way to load a prebuild station is to have a friendly admin load a sector you provide, containing the station. I have come up with a cool and proven way to perhaps buy station BPs at shops and then deploy them where they will live.

The station, when purchased, becomes an "egg" in your inventory (ala EVE/X3). You take it to where you want to place it, like you do with a buildblock/ship core and it becomes a built station.

In the game's inventory's current state, it would just be a block, but if the inventory changes it could be a block that requires an empty inventory to aquire, or even like X3, a very large ships cargobay.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    I like this, buy a station block, plonk it down somewhere, interface with it and buy the blueprint of your saved station (ofc, stations should be saveable for this to work), that will then spawn around that block (replacing it).

Reaction score
    Oh, I like that idea of doing it, Donut. very elegant. Call the block a like, Prefab-Core, and it builds itself like a C&C MCV. (maybe even load it with the required materials, since it could be far away from a shop! :O)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Eeeyup, a block which can be used through a shortcut (like CTRL+ M ? ) to place the center of the prefab station at that place, because you also have to plan what you do with that \"Egg\".