Recognized Buy All items button while filling in a Blueprint

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This is a simple idea that has been suggested some times but has been ignored, but now with the new council ill bring it back:

There should be a button to buy all the items of a specific type used in a BP or all the items in general used on the BP while you are in a shop, so if you are building a ship with high amounts of details you dont need to go and buy the 3 dirt, 5 wood blocks, 30 leaves and all that sort of stuff one by one

Im suggesting this because there was this guy on a server that clearly had a bad day, went to play starmade to relax, tried to make a ship and noticed how many type of blocks his ship needed to be built so he got very angry(seriously)

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is a simple idea that has been suggested some times but has been ignored, but now with the new council ill bring it back:
    hell, even I suggested it somewhere. Some time ago I had some talking about automatic production of ships in shipyards (from raw resources to ship blocks) totaly forgot about those who just buy stuff from the shop.

And if you ask, No, I have never finished buying my ship, got bored after the first 3 purchases

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yes please! This is such a tedious process. Just add a "Buy All" button at the top, and a "Buy" button next to each item that only enable when in shop range.

Also, the provided and goal columns could be better. I would prefer it to be "Have" and "Need", where the Need column does the math for me to show a how many are missing.

The Add and Buy buttons should also disable once the item is 100%, and the Buy button should disable if the Shop is out of stock.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes please! This is such a tedious process. Just add a "Buy All" button at the top, and a "Buy" button next to each item that only enable when in shop range.

Also, the provided and goal columns could be better. I would prefer it to be "Have" and "Need", where the Need column does the math for me to show a how many are missing.

The Add and Buy buttons should also disable once the item is 100%, and the Buy button should disable if the Shop is out of stock.
    looks like a layout you should send to them, seems perfect for use. Did you make that?

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score

LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! Can't LIKE this enough!

Reactions: psteiner
    Reaction score
    I'm bumping this old idea, because I'm afraid it has been forgotten or pushed aside. This should be very easy to implement. Last reply is from february, more than half a year ago.

Reaction score
    I'm bumping this old idea, because I'm afraid it has been forgotten or pushed aside. This should be very easy to implement. Last reply is from february, more than half a year ago.
    While I agree that it is a decent, should-be-easy-to-implement Idea, ... we then run into the problem of the dev team are actively trying to do away with the Blueprint system in it's entirety.

That means any effort to "improve" blueprints, is directly contrary to removing them.

Should it have been done more than half a year ago when this topic was active? maybe. I don't know when "the devs" made the choice to end the blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    quick question then why are we removing the blueprint system, as this will make fleets that much harder, and if you can only get a bp at a 'shop'

Reaction score
    The reason I'd heard was "it's a performance issue"

Effectively, load in a Titan with a blue-print, and you just might kill the server.
    Load that same titan via shipyard, and the server stress isn't nearly so harsh.

At the moment, the reason we still have it, is there's no alternative way to spawn in a complete station.
    (obviously, can't use a shipyard to do it, as the Shipyard is what you're trying to spawn in!)

You can only get blueprints (the item) at a shop anyway.
    You can, however, make yer own shop! Just plonk a shop module onto your station, and it is now a shop. I do it all the time with my shipyards, as I never know when I'll need to load a new blueprint in to design from.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The reason I'd heard was "it's a performance issue"

Effectively, load in a Titan with a blue-print, and you just might kill the server.
    Load that same titan via shipyard, and the server stress isn't nearly so harsh.
    This is true, the shipyard can load a design in slowly, and then when you build the actual ship it does so over time. Means the server isn't flooded with trying to drop a million blocks at the same time (which is why we have advanced build mode area limitations).

They also want to do away with pocket battleships (where you have a fully filled battleship blueprint in your inventory as an emergency backup ship in case the one you're in gets shot down). Doing away with blueprints means you'll have to rely on a shipyard to build your new ship for you.