Bunch of suggestions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First allow me to say that this game is like a wet dream come true!

Now with that in mind, here are my suggestions that would could improve the game IMO:

1) Beam weapons - Pretty self-explanatory. Cannons are nice and all, sure, but it would be great to have cutting beams as well.

2) Improved ship gravity - It's a bit buggy. Sure, it works perfectly fine when the ship isn't moving, but it's impossible to stand around a moving ship without glitching out. Renders the ship gravity a tad useless imho

3) Landing gear - Self explanatory. I'd like a way to touch down to a planet without bouncing around. It could work like docking a bit.

4) Hangar shields - Having recently made a carrier with a friend, we found it pretty annoying that there was no convenient way to protect the docked ships from harm. What I'm proposing is both a shield emitter block that would let you protect whatever's behind it, and/or a hangar door that is openable from within the ship, which brings me to the next point:

5) Being able to roll in the space suit - I hate it that the second you exit a ship, you're stuck with the same damn vertical axis. Not only is this immersion breaking, but it's very inconvenient (Especially considering the game doesn't show you the axes). I realize that this is probably going to be tricky to implement, but I feel it's a must

6) 3D radar/map - The current map is pretty confusing. When I see a red blip, I can never be sure where it actually is. I'd like the map to be 3D to reflect the environment.

Alternatively, the radar could stay 2D, but there could be an openable 3D map in the Navigation menu to show you your surroundings. Right now it's borderline impossible to navigate properly.

7) Menu scaling - Not sure If i missed a menu options, but the GUI a bit too big.

8) Shopping GUI grid - Simple enough, scrolling through a huge list of items is rather tedious.

9) Player beacons - Connected to point #6. With navigation being tricky as it is, a better way to find each other would be great. It could be a faction option, like "Transmit beacon" which would let you 'see' player icons from further away.

That's all I can remember for now.

Reaction score
    Just have a few cool ideas I have been thinking over the past few days :)

1. Sideways docking for example a tube that goes from a ship to a spacestaion where you can walk along like you see in some movies and tv shows. A good way of doing this could be magnets that you put on the ship and the docking area(tube). This is a good image to describe what I mean: http://i.space.com/images/i/000/014/636/i02/interstellar-space-travel-concepts-adrian-mann-33.jpg?1327011004

2. NPCs on planets hostile and friendly that you can trade, ally and become enemies with!

3. Escape pod, push a button while in flight mode and you go into you escape pod which jettisons out and heads to the nearest shop!

4. The shop needs a refit, or maybe have variety of different shapes for shops but keep a distinct feature that will allow you to identify it but what I was thinking is maybe have docking areas and a space to walk around inside with its own gravity that is automated (like planets) but still have the feature as it where you just have to be near and push B but to enchance that you could have a transmission with a small box and a portrait of the NPC of the shop which can be randomly generated with either just text or some dialog to make it more immersive.

These are just a few of my ideas, all the ideas that you mentioned are excellent definately agree on them :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1 Balduran

yes diticated beam weapons would be nice, you can try under weapons menu and go into cannon settings and dum down to 1% eveything except reload and amp that up

true, but at there is nothing else so be patiant

you could try using plexidoors and have diabled by deflaut, unless you are landing

agian plexidoors will have to do, of course you need a decent shield as they dont ofer any sence of protection

yes, yes that would be nice as you could use the ecact same controls as a ship

i feel your pain, so i looked around and found out that you can pres \'P\' to give a 3d map, do note you need to press the shift-key
    and yes its openble

will probely be implemented later

nothing to say bout this

yes this could be theoretical implemented but for now you need to shout your cords and hope your team mates can find you

2 Mattizzle

you can already implement this whis some cleaver measuring and rotating. of course it would be nice to see reverse docking moduels.

soon, maybe we can get populated npc planets

again yo could do this whit some cleaver placeing and building

yes i would like to see some variation in shops, perhaps when the creator or some modder releases a tool that alows external edeting of objects we would see more of that, personaly i\'d like to see some docking area\'s

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    \"9
    yes this could be theoretical implemented but for now you need to shout your cords and hope your team mates can find you\"
    -Vabese

[Edit: Awkwardly realised you meant \"Cords\" as coordinates and not \"vocal cords\". Derp on my part.]

Calm down and take care of your voice, rambo, that\'s what the sector coordinates are for. They are up there at the top of the screen and tell you which sector you are in. Share those 3 digits with your allies or current date (hey, I don\'t know what you might ever be up to) and give them some time. It\'s usually a breeze to find a meeting point within a sector, such as a shop or rock (in doubt, they\'re even identified by number sequences in your Nav)

So relax, it\'s actually really easy to know where your friends are. Getting there quickly however... What I\'d like would be the Navigation system finding more optimized routes (read: straight lines), as what is has you do right now is get closer to your target nav waypoint one sector digit closer at a time, meaning lots of useless zigzags.

But hey, if you think they can hear you in space, go for it and scream, guys.