Building tools?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I build big ship sometimes, but like any human I can make an mistake.
    When mistake is HUGE - I need to delete it. But the problem that I can delete 1 block per click. Not like 10 or 20.

I Propose next:
    - Mass Erasing - Same as Adv. Building, but it will erase area with right mouse click.
    - Mass Connections - In Adv. Building pressing V connects all devices in area to choosen.
    - Ruler - Shows Distance from Point A to Point B in blocks( only Horizontal or vertical)
    - Building Grid
    - Area Copier - Copies specified area(s) and paste them(Example: I have A Wing. I want to create another ship with SAME WINGS. Why Should I build it again, If I can just copy and paste em!)

Reaction score
    The first 2 are the ones I really agree with, but I propose a slightly different idea for the mass connector, I think that pressing v should rather connect all blocks of the same type that are touching when pressing v while holding control.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with the need for a tool that reduces a ship down to its power core in one go as scrapping a large size vessel for a major redesign is a big hassle. I would add that this function needs to be a very intentional button click or macro that won't accidently be pressed, and possibly needs a confirmation. AS for redesigning sections of a ship being built, i don't seem to have a problem stripping smaller portions down brick by brick.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This game needs a copy and paste function. I\'d imagine a good copy and paste function could work just like the current advanced build tools where you can;

1. Make a box of a with the advanced build tool use the remove toggle and hold down another (copy) button and click to copy everything inside.

2. Use the adv tool again while holding another (paste) button and click to paste what was coppied.

Reaction score
    Maybe have it the same way minecraft has it.

-select block A with copy button

-select block B with copy button

(everything in between these points is copied, and this works in 3 dimensions)

-select block you wish to replace with block A with paste button

(changes all blocks in the area selected from blank blocks (or space blocks) to the block formation you copied and is copied from the bottom (or block A) (as long as you have the correct number of blocks in inventory, can be used with XYZ axis mimmicking)

Ruler could work the same as XYZ mimick axis (with the white line where they intersect being the ruler)

building grids are already in the game (XYZ mimick axis, you just need to reset them if you want to change levels)

Mass erasing is in the game (press control and change the XYZ options to 10 and then right click) although a ship reset button would be great!

Mass connections can be done, it\'s just you need to fiddle with the control options and have the weapon/missile computer selected (this saves you from accidently selecting part of another gun by accident)

Reaction score
    There is Mass erase. In Advanced Build mode, just activate the Remove Mode. Than you can erase a 10x10x10 block or 4 of them with the mirror axis.

Mass Connection would be cool and Copy and paste too.

Reaction score
    don\'t need to select the remove option, i\'ve found you can just right click and it removes the same way (although it does this below the box rather than inside it)

Reaction score
    Correct, \"remove\" mode just correctly shows which blocks will be removed, rather than the inverse of what is highlighted in regular mode. For a quick \"undo\" you can just right-click right at the corner where you last placed a large section, remove mode makes it easier and allows you to select more of the \"inside\" blocks to choose from.