Building Tools/Features World Edit in Starmade

Reaction score
    I was just working on a ship i have been building for nearly a week when i added some new parts, after taking a step back and looking at the overall look of the ship i realize that the new "engine" wings look goofy so far back and i wish to move them forward about 20 or so blocks. however there are huge. nearly 47 or so blocks in height. long tall and odd shapped. i already added the weapons and power blocks sheilding and everything. and while i can live with it i would love to be able to move them forward. i know i could take the 5 hours it too me to build them to rebuild them closer to the front but to tell the truth that is not worth the effort right now. however i had an idea. as many of us are probably aware there is a minecraft mod called world edit that by simply selecting an area you can move them forward or back by typing a command. i am just wondering if there is a way to do this in starmade or if it is a feature that could be added? i know that for the big project builders like me it would be a godsend.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The copy and paster tool wouldn\'t be a miss either. I\'m building a large ship and i would prefer not to have to make 27 lines of hardened grey hull (and that is just for starters).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    OK, I\'m spoiled.

I\'m currently working on a faction capital station that includes a 256 block diameter 150 block hight cylinder.

Even if I have to gather a bajillion grey hull into inventory, I would SO love to just float in the middle and issue the incantation //hcyl (blockID) 128 150 instead of ClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClickyClicky.... for the next week.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ... of course then there would be no real impediment to people building massive server-melting worldships. Or diving at a star and issuing //hsphere 5 100000000 to suddenly conjure a grey-hull dyson sphere. I can see the potential for much griefing.

Reaction score
    The griefing really wouldn\'t be a problem as long as you make the worldedit-ey things admin commands like in MC...

Reaction score
    Better make it a superadmin command. That would make it so that even among the admin only a few can use the commands.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or make it so it doesn\'t actually build anything, it just adds to a blueprint which you must later buy. I\'d prefer a straight-up 3d modeler approach, with zoom, pan, orbit, rectangle, line, fill, etc. etc. type commands. Perhaps it\'s a seperate (i.e.: client-only) editor for blueprints.

An easy hotfix for building blues would be click and hold block placing, and bigger numbers (and an easier way to change them) available to the advanced build mode.

Trouble is that you\'d need to be able to buy & place stations as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or you could just make it something that you can enable and disable. Or even just make it so an admin the specific people who can use it. All I\'d need it for is singleplayer anyway.

Reaction score
    a seperate program with a lot of tools would be nice, but they\'d have to enable you to generate spheres.

and also, idk if this is realistic, but perhaps something that takes a 3d model of anything and turns it into a starmade model?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We meet again, planeofsluck.

Sketchup has a plugin for voxelizing, and Blender can voxelize models, so I\'m sure it\'d be possible to voxelize models for the game, but it\'d need to be proprietary (written by Schema/team). I\'d be a fan of modeling tools outside of the main game, especially with the built-in catelogue system.

Reaction score
    An McEdit in Starmade would be absolutely fabulous. Large errors can be fixed easily, ship sections cloned to one\'s preferance, and can be easier to control than advanced mode.