Building Help!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Im generally not very good when it comes to building things. Especially cars or ships. My limited experience is in Robocraft and even then they weren't that great.

Does anyone have any ship building tips or a guide somewhere that gives a good explanation of how to build one badass ship?

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Start with a simple shapes, then add details. Look for inspiration everywhere you can. Ships from your favorite scifi are a good place to start, but also look at what other people have built. Even random objects can provide ideas (although I have not found them to be all that helpful).

Be creative with what blocks you use. Hull is what you want for most of the outside of course, since it is much stronger than other blocks. But you can use things like circuits, mesh, and lights for little details. Engines are important. A well done engine is fairly easy, and can add a lot to a ships look. Don't be afraid to revise things if they are not working out. I personally like to think a bit about the function of details I add, but don't let that get in the way of making ships look good.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Simple rule I have is: Don't make it pretty until it works right in the first place. :P

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Another tip is to download a ship or two you like from Community Content, and customize as desired. (delete existing system blocks to see how they are put together, put in your own preference for systems, like replacing a weapon system with a salvage cannon, etc.) You may have to start over from the original blueprint a couple of times, but it's all a part of the learning process.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How do you download ships from other people? Where do I do thatv

Also, I've seen people have like neon or something on their ships. Where do you get these blocks? What are they?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks that helps. Now I need help making rounded ships. Like a rounded view port with glass and stuff. Or rounded wings. How do you use the different shapes to make that? Geometry was not my strong suit haha

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks that helps. Now I need help making rounded ships. Like a rounded view port with glass and stuff. Or rounded wings. How do you use the different shapes to make that? Geometry was not my strong suit haha
    Its hard. Even really experienced builders have trouble making rounded things unless they are really big. The larger something is, the easier it is to make it round. But for things like round veiwports, your best bet is just to make them hexagons. I have still yet to master making smooth shapes, as you can see by my builds.