Build Mode place docking rail

Reaction score
    So in build mode under the advanced build options you can create a docking point and a ship core on a rail piece.... I've done this but the generated ship doesnt move along the rail. what am i missing?

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You have to place multiple rails down normally since the docking rail one only places one rail block down. They have to have the same of their 6 faces on one side to cause movement, what direction the arrows face says the direction the docked object will be moved in.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So in build mode under the advanced build options you can create a docking point and a ship core on a rail piece.... I've done this but the generated ship doesnt move along the rail. what am i missing?
    it's either that or.....

You have to place multiple rails down normally since the docking rail one only places one rail block down. They have to have the same of their 6 faces on one side to cause movement, what direction the arrows face says the direction the docked object will be moved in.
    or it is a glitch, I had it I think a week ago, i was using the build mode place ship thing and then i tried using it but it would't work, note that this was on a rotor, one i put multiple times a logic signal in. i had to check my logic like 8 times until a friend of mine came and said, yea the docking doesn't always work, try docking it by hand i did that on a new spawned ship (the ships from advanced build mode were docked to the rotors and were visually there but didn't do anything) so on the new ship i tried it and it worked.