BUILD MODE NEEDS CURVES.

Reaction score
    I'm sorry if I come off as being a bit sacreligious for asking for curves in a minecraft-like game, but think of all the amazing ships that could be built if there was a tool for curving blocks o_O I feel like it would be easy to do this by just making a "curve" or "arc" tool as part of the advanced build mode. The curve would be defined by selecting the plcks you wanted to make an arch out of, and then say clicking a button in the build menu that would consume the neccessary resouces. Comment if you have any better build mode ideas or ideas about a curve tool. I think it would be really useful.

Reaction score
    http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/12/11043/thumb_620x2000/002_AC.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can, it would simply have to be built to scale. I.E. HUGE

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think adding a new advanced tool regarding advanced build mode and curves is a spectacular idea. They should have tabs at the top of the build mode window, for different geometry shapes. Triangle, circle, etc. square is already implemented. For the sphere they should have two tools. One to make plain spheres and cylinders, with the formula from Minecraft. The total size is half the diameter. So a size 10 sphere would actually be 20 blocks in each straight direction. The next tool they should add, as specified in this thread, is a curve tool. They should have a system somewhere along the lines if selecting points and having it auto curve the line through those points. So, float at the start of the curve. \"Point a set\" fly to the middle of curve. \" point b\" and then \"point c\" so forth until you get the desired path. Ad then click some button to create the curve. There\'s my two cents in the matter.

Reaction score
    as long as thats not implemented, try this http://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator

Reaction score
    Still, more angles and curves for the hull pieces would be awesome.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ever play Sauerbraten (Cube II Engine)?

It\'s all cubes like minecraft/starmade, except in edit mode you hold down Q to be able to raise and lower faces/corners in small adjustable increments. Something like that would be perfect, no idea if it would even be possible to impliment it.